Company: Enterprise Community Loan Fund
Location: Columbia, MD
Job Function: Lending/Loan Operations
Enterprise Community Loan Fund (ECLF) is a certified community development financial institution and a member of the Enterprise Family of Companies. Since its founding in 1982, Enterprise, our controlling entity, has raised and deployed more than $43.6B in equity, grants and loans to support low-income people and low-income communities including building or preserving nearly 585,000 affordable rental homes. For more information about enterprise, please visit our website at www.enterprisecommunity.com.
Proactive, results driven and highly experienced senior portfolio associate to support Loan Fund’s lending activities. This role is responsible for tasks associated with loan closings, loan servicing and supporting program management related tasks for a portfolio with a range of varied loans (predevelopment, acquisition, construction and permanent loan) and diverse projects (affordable housing, charter schools, health care, facilities and other community development projects). Requires strong aptitude with numbers, problem solving, and collaborative skills.
- Manages and assists with collecting, preparing, reviewing and processing loan forms and documents (checklists, statements, documents, etc.) during the closing process.
- Serves as point of contact to loan officers, borrowers and external partners.
- Enters, reviews and/or maintains loan data systems.
- Reviews loan documents to ensure accurate implementation of key loan terms per the loan approval and closing process.
- Reviews insurance policies to ensure compliance with the Loan Fund’s Lending Standards and Guidelines.
- Prepares and maintains loan closing checklists; works with Legal and loan officers to ensure all loan closing conditions have been met and approved by appropriate/authorized parties.
- Works with the Finance and Capital Management staff to set-up new loans and programs in the Loan Fund’s lending databases.
- Coordinates funds for disbursement required at loan closing as well as related third-party payments.
- Ensure loan records, systems and tasks are complete for loan closings.
- Administers and manages duties under loan servicing activities to ensure procedures are properly and efficiently carried out.
- Work with loan officers, asset managers and finance to review and process loan transactions, including regular loan disbursement requests, vendor payments and other miscellaneous transactions as required under the project.
- Assist loan officers and asset managers with construction loan budget management, prepare and process related disbursement.
- Assist asset managers with collection of reporting or other loan/project related items.
- Update loan information and systems/records as necessary under the loan to reflect modifications, relevant transactions, status changes and repayments.
- Review and manage ongoing insurance requirements.
- Support other servicing needs and projects, as necessary.
- Assists with the administration of specific portfolio lending programs to including but not limited to reporting, tracking, and maintenance of data as required.
- A minimum of at least four (4) to six (6) years of relevant experience in loan administration and loan monitoring/servicing.
- Undergraduate degree with a major in business administration, finance, accounting, or related field a plus.
- Must be detailed oriented, proficient at working with and improving systems and possess strong aptitude with numbers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of real estate and construction lending; affordable housing and community development; and corporate and real estate insurance.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Expert MS Office and Outlook skills.
- Knowledge of Salesforce and/or Precision LM (LMS) system is a plus.
- Strong ability to establish and maintain systems for organizing work; well-developed time management skills and ability to meet stringent deadlines and time constraints in a busy department.
- Mature judgement and demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced department.
- Demonstrated professionalism, diplomacy and composure; flexible and able to adapt to a variety of situation.
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive benefits package.