Company: Working Solutions CDFI
Locations: , CA; , Remote
Job Function: Lending/Loan Operations
Working Solutions (www.workingsolutions.org) is a certified, nonprofit Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) that provides diverse entrepreneurs with affordable capital, free business consulting, and community connections to increase economic opportunity in the San Francisco Bay Area and across Northern California. As the First to Believe in start-up and early-stage entrepreneurs, Working Solutions makes small business loans (primarily microloans of $5,000-$50,000), administers small business grant programs, and provides up to five years of free, post-loan business consulting in conjunction with every loan. Our priority populations are lower-income individuals, women, and entrepreneurs of color. Working Solutions has made over $34 million in loans and grants to local small businesses to date, and we have educated thousands of entrepreneurs, resulting in more than 7,000 local jobs. Working Solutions has a growing team of 20 full-time employees with headquarters in San Francisco and remote staff.
The Lending Team is responsible for converting applications into successfully funded loans. As such, the team must fully understand the loan products offered by Working Solutions and the conditions that are necessary for applicants to qualify successfully. The Lending Officer will underwrite loan applications, provide timely feedback and recommendations, verify required documents, verify compliance with lending guidelines, track the loan approval review process, and finalize the loan through a comprehensive closing process. The Lending Officer is responsible for evaluating and analyzing the viability of loan applications and will also provide support to the Associate Director of Lending on day-to-day operations of the Lending Team.
- Work with the Lending Team to perform credit analyses and determine repayment probability using risk management matrices
- Analyze completed application packages, conduct due diligence and financial analysis, and draft credit memoranda
- Verify that documents in loan files—such as credit reports, loan applications, and financial statements—are complete, current, and accurate
- Present loan recommendations to the Associate Director of Lending and the Director of Lending and Business Consulting, as needed
- Prioritize and track the loan underwriting process in order to meet deadlines and ensure timely submission of loan packages for review
- Provide end-to-end application support from processing to closing, as needed
- Review all loan applications and disclosures for discrepancies and compliance with regulatory guidelines
- Represent Lending Team in the community, as needed
- Provide support for ad-hoc projects from the Associate Director of Lending and the Director of Lending and Business Consulting
- Support achievement of organizational and departmental goals and outcomes
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; 4+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4+ years of work experience in nonprofit or community development, microfinance, small business, social enterprise, and/or small business or related work
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
- Demonstrated experience in lending, finance, or credit underwriting
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with diverse constituents
- Superior analytical and organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience in customer service, especially in challenging situations; the ability to be simultaneously clear, firm, and supportive is crucial
- Demonstrates sound judgment and effective decision-making
- Experience with data entry and tracking outputs and outcomes through Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platforms is a plus
- Bilingual competency in Spanish language highly preferred
Compensation and Benefits
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Excellent Benefits: Including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and generous holidays.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Please email resume and cover letter with the subject line “Lending Officer” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
Working Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.