Company: Washington Area Community Investment Fund (Wacif)
Location: Washington, DC
Job Function: Accounting
Washington Area Community Investment Fund (Wacif) advances equity and opportunity in the Washington, D.C. area’s underserved communities by providing financial capital, business advisory services, and strategic networking support to underinvested entrepreneurs. Since its inception in 1987, Wacif has deployed more than $50 million in capital, served more than 3,500 entrepreneurs with business advisory services, and helped create or retain more than 20,000 local jobs. To learn more about Wacif’s work, visit www.wacif.org.
The Washington Area Community Investment Fund (Wacif) seeks to fill the full-time Human Resources (HR) Generalist, who will support the success of the day-to-day administration and coordination of a wide range of human capital management functions including, but not limited to: full cycle talent acquisition, compensation, payroll, benefits, compliance, reporting, and Human Capital related training and development activities. Supports Wacif managers and employees by providing assistance and education in all areas of human capital management while balancing organizational needs with employee needs. Ensures all employees are well informed of human capital policies, programs, and benefits.
REPORTS TO: Human Capital Director
- Responsible for all aspects of recruiting, interviewing, and hiring employees. Ensures all hiring processes are effective and legally compliant.
- Develops and administers an effective fellowship/internship program to create an ongoing pipeline of talent.
- Responsible for full recruitment process from posting positions, initial search/sourcing, to screening of resumes and qualifying candidates.
- Conducts pre-employment assessments, reference, and background checks, and assists supervisors in interpretation and usage of recruitment tools and metrics.
- Makes recommendations to supervisors regarding interviewing and hiring.
- Responsible for the communication and support for employee onboarding as well as termination and offboarding.
- Train new hires, and other employees as needed on employee timekeeping system – create new users and ensure timesheets are accurate in system.
Other HR responsibilities include:
- Assist with day-to-day operations of the Human Capital department.
- Compile and update physical and digital employee records.
- Ensures all human capital management records are maintained in accordance with established policies and state and federal regulations.
- Updates HR documents and lists (i.e., employee birthdays, anniversary, cell phones, etc.).
- Processing documents and preparing reports related to personnel activities.
- Coordinate and process continuing education and professional development for staff (i.e., tuition reimbursement and student Loan repayments).
- Assists in developing and implementing human capital operations plans, policies, procedures, as needed. Recommends improvements as appropriate.
- Completes required reports for HR and other departments accurately and promptly.
- Assists with the annual 401k audit reporting and audit coordination.
- Open and maintain tax accounts with state and local agencies (as needed).
- Coordinate employee feedback surveys.
- Assists with payroll and benefits administration. Serves as backup to Human Capital Director to process payroll.
- Assists Human Capital Director in responding to unemployment claims as needed.
- Assists with research and provides support for HR initiatives, recurring ad hoc processes, and projects.
- Complete employee 401k withdrawal procedures.
- Participates in employee morale-based team (Culture Crew). Helps coordinate Staff events and team communication.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management, business, or equivalent field experience.
- HR Certifications: SPHR, CCP, etc. a plus.
- Candidate must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Minimum of 4 years of previous human resources experience including day-to-day administrative operations required.
- 3+ years’ experience in full cycle talent acquisition/recruiting.
- Experience in human resource procedures, policies, federal/state laws and regulations, and employee benefit programs.
- Knowledge of employment laws, labor laws, and regulations including EEO, COBRA, DCPFL, FLSA, FMLA, etc.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong level written and verbal communication skills.
- Resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability coverages available. 401(k) retirement plan (employer matching contribution eligible); paid time off (increased with tenure), paid holidays and sick leave days, transportation benefits, and education assistance benefits (professional development, tuition reimbursement, and student loan repayment).
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email a resume/CV, thoughtful cover letter that outlines how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position, and salary requirements to email@example.com with “HR Generalist” in the subject line.
Wacif is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Wacif provides a flexible and hybrid working environment with the opportunity to work remotely.
* Candidates must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment; Reasonable accommodations will be considered.