Company: Building Hope Finance
Location: Washington, DC
Job Function: Finance
Building Hope Finance is the lending arm of the Washington, DC non-profit enterprise known as Building Hope–an organization formed to support the development and financing of Charter School Facilities throughout the country.
Building Hope Finance is seeking a Grant Administrator. This is a newly created position to help Building Hope organize, administer and manage its $48 million of Credit Enhancement Grant funds which are used to provide credit support to Charter Schools throughout the country. The Grant Administrator will keep track of grant applications, perform a due diligence review of Credit Enhancement applicants, maintain Grant documentation, prepare internal management reports on Grants and Credit Enhancements, prepare external reporting to the U.S. Department of Education on the use of Building Hope’s grant funds and coordinate applications for additional Credit Enhancement Grants.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Assist Credit Underwriter in evaluating Credit Enhancement requests from Charter Schools.
This process includes but is not limited to the collection of documents such as financial statements and Audit reports, Budgets, 990s tax forms, Loan Agreements and various charter agreements.
● Manage and maintain grant agreements, contracts, and amendments.
● Manage and maintain all credit enhancement contracts and documentation.
● Manage the closing of Credit Enhancement transactions.
● Prepare detailed monthly reports on status of grant portfolio and reports on demand as needed by the project manager and executive management.
● Prepare and file all external reports required by the Grant provider.
● Respond and route inquiries from credit enhancement recipients throughout the project lifecycle to proper staff.
● Manage project database records and ensure records are complete and accurate.
● Ensure grant, contract, and related agreements are executed in a timely manner by monitoring statuses and communicating with appropriate internal & external staff.
● Act as a liaison between the Credit Enhancement Recipients and the Project Director.
● Maintain appropriate working paper and file documentation for all work products.
● Maintain compliance with Grant Requirements.
● Other duties as assigned.
A well-qualified candidate will possess the following:
● Bachelor’s Degree preferred w/ experience in Grants management/ submission.
● Experience in grant and contract management rules and regulations on the federal level preferred.
● Detail-oriented, have strong organizational skills, including the ability to multitask, prioritize, and make decisions.
● Ability to communicate in an accurate and timely manner both written and verbally.
● Experience using Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
● Proficiency in data management, document preparation, spreadsheet creation, and presentation software.
● Team player with an ability to work collaboratively and independently.
● Good interpersonal skills, including a desire to learn and be creative.
● Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Compensation and Benefits
The starting salary for this position is $ 75,000 and is commensurate with experience; excellent health, dental, vision, retirement, and other benefits; generous leave; enthusiastic and supportive staff.
How to Apply
Submit a resume and cover letter detailing your interest in this position to email@example.com.
No phone calls, please.
The position is available immediately. It will close when filled. Building Hope Finance seeks to hire a qualified individual as soon as possible.
Building Hope Finance is especially interested in candidates with a strong commitment to enhancing public education and to helping students who come from low income backgrounds or are otherwise disadvantaged.
Building Hope Finance is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Building Hope Finance is firmly committed to a policy against discrimination based on age, gender, race, religious creed, sexual orientation, disability, or ethnic or national origin.