Company: Peer Health Exchange
Locations: , Multi; , Remote
Job Function: Finance
Peer Health Exchange (PHE) is a national non-profit organization that creates education opportunities for peers to share the tools and resources young people need to make healthy decisions. Since 2003, we have trained more than 15,000 college students to deliver in-person health education to over 188,000 high school-aged young people in communities across the country. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we re-designed our in-person programming to be delivered virtually and partnered with high school students to understand their mental health needs. Following that collaboration, we launched our app selfsea.org for young people ages 13 – 18. In the past year, we’ve expanded from two in-person program models to five in-person and digital program offerings and we are continuing to grow! Our mission is critical, our team is diverse, and our work is vibrant. Check us out on TikTok (@peerhealthexchange)!
Learn more about our responsiveness and shift to digital in this article co-authored by our colleagues “Youths Know What They Need to Support Their Mental Health”!
About the role
As the Financial Analyst you will play a key role in the financial operations of the organization. Additionally, you will be responsible for a variety of financial updates, monitoring, and accounting activities to support the work of the PHE staff to achieve their strategic goals. You will report directly to the Interim VP, Finance & Administration.
About the Finance & Administration team
The small but mighty Finance & Administration team is in charge of three main functions: 1) finance and accounting (from budgeting and ensuring financial sustainability to processing accounts payable); 2) internal technology (monitoring systems and deploying hardware); 3) operations (supporting and managing our nationwide offices).
Here’s what you should know:
This is a full-time, salaried position and can be based in any of our registered states.
Looking for more information about our awesome benefits, culture and more? Visit our Careers Page and check us out on Glassdoor!
Here’s what you will do as part of our team:
Support Cash Flow Forecasting and Grant Reporting
- Import fundraising data from Salesforce to cash flow model
- Update cash flow model monthly; monitoring weekly trends and assess potential risk and opportunities
- Work with Development teams to build budgets and reporting for funders
- Support as needed with completing finance related applications for grants
- Support the Development team on financial literacy; i.e. how to read the budgets
Support Financial Reporting and Accounting
- Extract data from Sage Intacct and populate reports for both business units
- Build reports in Sage Intacct to pull data and analyze trends
- Follow up on missing or incomplete credit card and expense reimbursement reports
- Create credit card transaction file to be imported to Sage Intacct accounting system
- Support Staff Accountant with account reconciliations
Support Annual Budgeting and Additional Support
- Release budget templates to users
- Extract business unit budgets and distribute to budget team leads
- Support data gathering for Finance, Technology and Operations Team budget
- Support with reconciling data i.e. tracking revenue and expense versions
- Supporting with contingency planning and scenarios for long-term planning
What you’ll bring to the table:
If you meet most but not all of these qualifications, please still apply. We recognize that excellent candidates might not always check every box. We are looking for alignment on values and experiences, not perfection.
- Demonstrate a strong passion for PHE’s mission to build healthier communities with young people; strong alignment with PHE’s core values of Health Equity, Commitment, Communication, Agency, and Impact
- Centers youth inclusion, community partnership, and equity work visibly, broadly, in action in part through deep listening and hearing with a lens of inclusion.
- 2-4 years of relevant professional experience, ideally producing financial reports, supporting staff in the complete and submission of timely and accurate expense and credit card reports, identifying opportunities for improving processes.
- Experience with spreadsheet skills, especially with complex formulas, lookup tables, and pivot tables
- Understanding of accounting software (QuickBooks, Sage Intacct, NetSuite Etc.)
- Ability to work quickly and accurately with large volumes of data
- Be a dynamic and open-minded individual who is customer-focused and solutions-driven
- Have the ability to work quickly with a high degree of accuracy
Compensation and Benefits
Salary Range: Approx. High $60,000s to High $70,000s
How to Apply
Your turn! We’d like to learn about you.
Please submit your resume and cover letter telling us why you are interested in our team and this role using this link: Financial Analyst – PHE!
At Peer Health Exchange, we celebrate difference and are committed to providing equitable opportunities, addressing the effects of power and privilege. PHE is proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, physical disability, veteran status or length of time spent unemployed. We want to empower people to change lives!
Note: Peer Health Exchange reserves the right to add additional duties, as needed. All Peer Health Exchange employees are encouraged to be flexible and responsive to changes in scope of duties.