Company: Latino Community Credit Union
Location: Durham, NC
Job Function: Finance
As a community development financial institution, Latino Community Credit Union (LCCU) is the ideal option for people passionate about empowering other people through their work. Our vision is to ensure economic opportunity for all by providing our local communities with ethical financial products and services. We also share a passion for education, which we proudly reflect in our member-owners and employees.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for financial planning as well as for treasury and finance risk management for the LCCU family of organizations, currently Latino Community Credit Union and Latino Community Development Center. Main responsibilities include credit union cash management, financial modeling, asset/liability management, and collaborating on the annual budgeting process.
- Manage reporting for financial analyses, cash management, and forecasting on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Oversee credit union cash flow management.
- Establish financial projections to inform financial strategies by forecasting capital, facilities and staff requirements, identifying monetary resources and developing action plans.
- Evaluate feasibility of new projects such as branch openings, purchase or sales of loans, acquisition of other credit unions, etc.
- Coordinate the preparation of budgets and conduct periodic analysis of budget variance, reporting any significant issues to management.
- Provide guidance regarding investment decisions.
- Monitor, analyze, and propose changes to deposit and loan rates as necessary.
- Calculate necessary monthly provision for possible loan losses.
- Recommend benchmarks to measure performance.
- Coordinate the Asset/Liability Committee and prepare reports, trends and analyses.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or other finance related field. MBA or relevant master’s degree preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience working in a with Credit union, financial institutions, or community development financial institution.
- Proficiency in Spanish strongly preferred.
- Strong commitment to our mission.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must have solid MS Excel skills.
- Preference for working in an organization that places priority on teamwork and collaboration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Maturity, professionalism, and high level of discretion are required.
Compensation and Benefits
We provide a challenging and friendly work environment as well as a competitive salary and benefits package including an employer-paid medical insurance plan, 401(k) plan (with a substantial company match), employer paid life and disability plan and generous paid time off to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
The general nature of the work requires employees to sit or stand for extended periods, lift up to 35 pounds, and use the computer and telephone to perform job functions. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Latino Community Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply
Please apply using the following link: