Company: DownHome Solutions, LLC
Location: Any Location, All
Job Function: Marketing/PR
DownHome Solutions, LLC, a software development company serving non-profit community lenders, seeks to fill a full-time, remote, technical support role. Candidates can be based anywhere in the US and will join our small, fully remote, support team located across the country.
The ideal candidate will be friendly, flexible, and have intimate knowledge of non-profit community lending. Familiarity with technology is required; technical support experience, and experience in microfinance or community lending is preferred. It is essential that candidates be customer-focused: our clients nationwide depend on our personable, patient, and courteous software support online and over the phone.
- Develop a thorough working knowledge of the software platform and our customer base of community lenders
- Provide end-user support via Zoom, email, and other online support tools
- Troubleshoot reported issues and coordinate solutions with other support staff and the development team
- Perform QA testing for specific bug fixes, new features, and special projects
- Participate in team meetings to advance customer support, software development, and marketing efforts
- Other administrative tasks as assigned, depending on your skills. For instance: writing software documentation, sales and marketing tasks, web design, etc.
- Strong communication, analytical/technical skills, and time management.
- Experience working with and serving a multicultural client base.
- Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team
- Solid computer skills, including MS Excel, MS Word and the use of Mail Merge, Google Drive, and loan databases.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (such as business administration, Business, Accounting, Finance, Community and Economic Development) or equivalent experience preferred.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Excellent knowledge in lending, loan origination, loan servicing and preferably in the context of CDFI lending.
- Knowledge of federally funded programs relevant to the CDFI industry, for example SBA SBA Microloan Program, and SBA Community Advantage program, EDA, USDA, CDBG, etc. Knowledge of reporting requirements related to these programs.
- Knowledge of Credit Bureau reporting, bankruptcy, and delinquency.
- Good understanding of mathematical concepts related to interest, amortization, and other loan servicing requirements.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and familiarity with various accounting applications such as Quickbooks, Sage Intacct, etc.
Compensation and Benefits
Benefits include paid holidays; vacation and sick time; medical, dental, and vision coverage; retirement plan with employer match; a budget to set up your home office.
Our team of software developers and support staff is fully remote and located around the globe. We keep in touch via video and Slack for a friendly and productive team experience. We are looking for kind and thoughtful people to join our team. We hope you’ll consider joining us in a role where you can do good in the world of community lending.
How to Apply
To apply, send cover letter and resume to: