Company: Self-Help Credit Union
Job Function: Marketing/PR
Self-Help started in 1980 with a focus on economic inequality, especially in communities that have faced systemic barriers in building wealth. At the core of what Self-Help does is a drive to create and protect ownership and economic opportunity. In other words, we’re committed to economic justice! Economic Justice means that all communities have the basic infrastructure they need to thrive, from high quality schools to grocery stores selling fresh foods resources that support opportunity at a neighborhood level regardless of demographics, income or wealth.
Since our founding, we’ve constantly sought to find new ways to pursue greater economic justice: from providing fair and affordable loans, to working with partners to demand that lawmakers change unjust policies.
We are seeking a Content Developer Writer to join our Durham, NC team!
What You’ll Do:
- Be the steward of S-H’s voice.
- Bring S-H’s stories to life in print, digital (email, web content and social media post), video and audio channels.
- Develops and writes high quality content for paid, owned and earned channels in collaboration with other members of the MarComm team to support the organization’s internal and external communications needs.
- Manages all aspects of development, editing and publishing process from start to finish.
- Works with other MarComm team members to maintain a well-organized and easily accessible library of marketing assets.
- Examples of project responsibilities include S-H’s annual report, customer newsletters, customer emails, web site landing page content, blog content and posts for use on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
What You’ll Need:
- 3-7 years content development/writing work experience with strong emphasis on communications writing, 4-year degree in journalism, English, communication or creative writing or equivalent work experience with a concentration in writing for internal and external communications.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Demonstrated storytelling ability. Experience with mission-based organizations preferred.
- Significant knowledge of current best practices related to content for web, online, social, email, video, audio and print.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and across multiple projects.
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive nonprofit compensation, based on experience, plus a generous benefits package.
How to Apply
If you are interested in who we are and what we do; have a strong desire to work in an organization that places a high priority on teamwork and collaboration; and are interested in working to help create economic opportunity for all – THIS is the place for you! Click the link below to apply!
Visit our Careers Page to apply for this position. This position will remain posted until filled.