Company: Raza Development Fund
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Job Function: Financial Services
Raza Development Fund, inc. (“RDF”) is a Latino led and serving Community Development Financial Institution (“CDFI”) created to advance economic opportunity, social mobility, and racial justice. RDF was formed in 1999 by Unidos US, (formerly, National Council of La Raza), the country’s largest and longest-serving Latino civil rights and advocacy organization. Since its inception, RDF has directly invested over a billion dollars in 38 states, leveraging over $6 billion in education, affordable housing, healthcare, social services, and entrepreneurship.
Reporting directly to the Director of Innovative Economic Solutions, this position is responsible for providing professional financial advisement services to support socially and economically disadvantaged individuals participating in the Minority Business Development Agency Capital (MBDA) Readiness Program in partnership with the Arizona Hispanic Chamber of Commerce with a particular focus on financial business coaching, development of strategic technical assistance educational tools, and connecting clients to financial investment partners.
In this role, you will be expected :
- Participate in the development, promotion, coordination, and delivery of small business management training program workshops.
- Conduct one-on-one consultations with entrepreneurs and small business owners to assess client goals, answer questions, and solve problems to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Develop two separate 5-part technical assistance training shared via webinars for incubator stage (start-up) entrepreneurs and accelerator-stage (expansion) small business owners.
- Provide direct technical assistance to small business clients in research and development of business plans and strategies, sales and marketing plans, loans proposals, and related business development requirements.
- Advise clients on micro and small business management practices, methods, and techniques.
- Provide direct assistance and understanding of client financial statements, cash flow projections and forecasting.
- Assist clients with guidance to accounting services focusing on personal and business taxes and small business transaction privilege taxes.
- Evaluate client business loan application and financials to assess viability and bankability and advise clients as appropriate.
- Identify opportunities for entrepreneurs to acquire capital to fund operations and expansion.
- Develop metrics, gather analytics, and prepare regular reports on client activity as directed.
- Demonstrate ability to read, write and present trainings in the Spanish language.
- Bachelor’s degree and experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Minimum 7 years of financial underwriting, small business lending or other relevant experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of principles and practices of small business operations.
- Knowledge and understanding of evaluating characteristics and prerequisites of a successful business loan request.
- Comprehensive work experience and understanding of small business financing of traditional loan products and processes.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple, concurrent objectives, projects, or activities.
- Experience working with clients to create customized plans and provide sound financial recommendations to help achieve financial confidence for clients.
Compensation and Benefits
Commensurate upon experience
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send their resume of professional qualifications and experience, along with a cover letter to Francisca Montoya, Director of Innovative Economic Solutions, firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.