Company: Forward Community Investments
Location: Madison, WI
Job Function: Finance
Forward Community Investments is an OFN member CDFI reducing racial, social, and economic disparities across Wisconsin.
Since its first loan over 27 years ago, FCI has deployed more than $88 million in loans and $124 million in New Market Tax Credits across 39 Wisconsin counties, supporting more than 700,000 direct beneficiaries. FCI’s impact capital predominantly benefits community facilities, affordable housing, healthcare and healthy food initiatives. These efforts have resulted in the creation of thousands of jobs for area residents.
Forward Community Investments is seeking a strategic Chief Financial Officer with the vision to understand and design complex capital structures for deployment and sourcing of impact capital.
This is a shortened version of a more detailed job description found in the job brochure: bit.ly/FCI-CFO-job
Job responsibilities summary:
- Organizational leadership and strategic growth.
- Financial management.
- Organizational operations.
- Team management and supervision.
Summary of experience sought:
- Significant executive-level financial experience with a lending institution. Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) experience preferred.
- Deep accounting/finance experience, including planning and managing budgets, and experience with not-for-profit accounting in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Experience working with government programs related to community development is a plus. New Markets Tax Credit experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience building and managing teams for a values-driven, community lending organization. Experience supervising employees with accounting functions.
- Knowledge of grant development and third-party contract administration processes.
- Experience with nonprofit governance and a track record of success working with and supporting Boards of Directors and Finance/Audit Committees.
Compensation and Benefits
Forward Community Investments’ Chief Financial Officer position has a salary of $140,000 and variable compensation depending on the organization’s performance of up to 10% of salary.
Forward Community Investments employee benefits include employer-subsidized group health plan; dental and vision plans; retirement plan with employer match; short- and long-term disability insurance; and life insurance.
How to Apply
The position is open until filled. It was announced on August 10, 2022. Rather than setting an application deadline, we are considering applications and holding interviews on a rolling basis. Our goal is to fill this position by mid-November. For best consideration, those interested are encouraged to apply promptly; and to complete the optional questions in the application, in lieu of a cover letter.
Forward Community Investments has exclusively retained Peter Gray Executive Search to conduct the search for its new Chief Financial Officer. Peter Gray Executive Search is a social impact executive search firm in Madison, Wisconsin.
Forward Community Investments and Peter Gray Executive Search are equal opportunity employers, committed to attracting candidates representing a diverse range of backgrounds. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
Again, you can find a more detailed job description in the job brochure: bit.ly/FCI-CFO-job