Company: National Community Reinvestment Coalition (NCRC)
Location: Washington DC, DC
Job Function: Accounting
NCRC was formed in 1990 by national, regional and local organizations to increase the flow of private capital into traditionally underserved communities. Today our members include more than 700 nonprofit community development and finance organizations; community organizing and civil rights groups; minority and women-owned business associations; national, state and local housing, economic development, education, media, arts, healthcare and investment organizations; state and local government agencies; faith-based institutions; and committed, hopeful individuals from across the nation.
The Staff Accountant is a key member of the Finance team, performing full cycle A/P and disbursements, A/R and receipts, corporate card reconciliations, and preparing routine and non-routine journals. This position ensures data accuracy and facilitates timely reporting of financial information.
- Perform complete cycle payables processing across multiple software. Serve as primary contact for employee expense reimbursements, travel and purchase requests, and vendor payments. Oversee the entire process from initiation, obtaining proper documentation and approvals, and accurate account coding to recording and facilitating payments.
- Perform entire cycle receivables processing across multiple software. Serve as primary contact for accounts and grants receivable inquiries. Oversee the whole process from creation and collection to depositing and recording receipts.
- Perform full cycle payroll processing using ADP Workforce Now. Serve as the primary contact for payroll processing. Oversee the entire process from accurate timesheet submissions, processing payroll and benefits across multiple software from preparation, reconciliation, and reporting to entering in the accounting system
- Review daily receipts and record payments in the general ledger and ensure that all payments have proper documentation and approval
- Facilitate on-time credit card reconciliation and payment process
- Prepare journal entries, monthly reconciliations, reporting, and analysis
- Responsible for entering and reviewing data – transactional and structural – and generating reports
- Assist in the preparation and successful conclusion of annual audits and tax filings
- Assist in training staff to maintain written documentation on policies and procedures related to the staff accountant’s primary responsibilities while adhering to established internal controls
- Assist in maintaining the Finance department’s electronic file storage and streamlined document retention protocols
- Planning/organizing: Excellent work management skills. Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, and develops realistic action plans.
- Problem-solving: Ability to multi-task and pay attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Judgment: Exhibits sound and accurate assessment and makes timely decisions
- Adaptability: Ability to learn and adapt quickly. Work well under time pressure and able to meet deadlines consistently
- Execution: Able to complete tasks and deliver on goals with quality results
- Leverages Technology: Understands how technology impacts the work and ways to leverage it
- Personal leadership: Comfortable with complexity and exhibits high levels of emotional resilience
- Communications: Excellent follow-up, communication, and interpersonal skills
- A college degree in Accounting or relevant work experience; nonprofit experience is highly desirable
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll (ADP preferred) and general ledger
- Prior experience with Enterprise-level Finance IT systems
- Ability to thrive in a pivotal role at the center of a complex matrix organization with internal and external partners
Compensation and Benefits
Salary range: $60K-$65K, commensurate with experience
NCRC IS AN EQUAL-OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
How to Apply
To apply, upload resume and cover letter which conveys your interest in this leadership opportunity by clicking here. Please contact Shreya Mahatwo if you experience technical difficulties submitting your materials or if you are a qualified candidate with a disability and require an accommodation to complete your application.