Senior Loan Officer
Company: Accompany Capital (fka Business Center for New Americans)
Location: New York, NY
Job Function: Lending/Loan Operations
Accompany Capital (formerly The Business Center for New Americans) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit that creates a pathway to self-sufficiency for immigrant and refugee entrepreneurs in New York City by providing access to affordable credit, empowering them with financial education, and offering training in best business practices and technology
Accompany Capital is a Small Business Administration (SBA) Approved Microloan and Community Advantage
Lender and is certified as a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) by the US Department of the Treasury. As of September, 2021, we have made over $41 MM in loans, which range from $500 to $250,000. More information is available at www.accompanycapital.org.
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Loan Officer to be located in our Jackson Heights, Queens or Downtown Manhattan locations.
Job Description Summary
Reporting to the Chief Lending Officer in the Manhattan office, this senior level position has primary responsibility for larger loans up to $75,000, including promotion, analysis, loan packaging, underwriting, loan servicing and required reporting.
• Prepares comprehensive credit memoranda for Loan Committee review, based on loan application data and other pertinent information collected from the loan applicant(s) as well as other sources.
• Prepares spreadsheets and analyzes loan client financial statements and tax returns using internal computer systems and files.
• Ensures that all credit memoranda are accurate and complete with proper loan structuring, identifies risk analysis and risk mitigation strategies, and adheres to Accompany Capital’s Loan Policies and Procedures.
• When appropriate provides post-loan technical assistance to loan recipients.
• Follows department procedures for monitoring the health of their portfolio of active clients, maintaining accurate client financial statements / tax returns, follows up for annual renewals, and updates requirements as defined in Loan Policies and Procedures or as needed.
• Attends Loan Committee meetings and, as needed, participates in credit discussions with Loan Committee members.
• Attends events to promote Accompany Capital’s loan products.
• Minimum five years related work experience including two years in commercial loan underwriting in a non-profit or for-profit environment. Knowledge of SBA guaranteed Community Advantage loans a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business or finance.
• Knowledge of credit principles, policies and practices; financial / cash flow analysis and current lending regulations. (On the job training in underwriting/underwriting software will be provided as needed).
• Excellent mathematical, analytical and computer skills, including strong proficiency in Word and Excel.
• Strong English verbal and written communications skills. Fluency in a second language (Spanish or South Asian languages) a plus.
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment; commitment to working with refugees and immigrants
• Ability to work effectively and professionally with internal and external contacts, to maintain confidentiality and to coordinate and prioritize to meet specified deadlines.
• Knowledge of NYC with willingness and ability to travel to engage in marketing and outreach activities. Normal office hour are 9:00a m. to 5:00 p.m. May occasionally be expected to work some evenings and occasional weekend days to attend meetings, seminars and community events and travel for multi-day conferences. (There are modifications during the COVID-19 Pandemic including hybrid schedules).
• COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate for staff.
Compensation and Benefits
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000-85,000 per year commensurate with qualifications.
Excellent benefits including medical, dental, 403(b) with match, leave including 3 weeks’ vacation (4 weeks after one year of service)
How to Apply
Please send resume to email@example.com. with the subject line “Senior Loan Officer.”