Company: Virginia Community Capital
Locations: Christiansburg, VA; Richmond, VA; Norfolk, VA; , All
Job Function: Finance
About VCC Social Enterprises:
VCC Social Enterprises is a nonprofit holding company regulated by the Federal Reserve. VCC Social Enterprises (VCCSE) is the parent organization for Virginia Community Capital, VCC Bank, and LOCUS Impact Investing and LOCUS Capital (collectively referred to as LOCUS). Virginia Community Capital (VCC) is a $275 million community development financial institution (CDFI) with a mission to create jobs, energize places, and promote an enhanced quality of life in our communities. With offices in Christiansburg, Norfolk, and Richmond, VCCSE offers innovative and flexible financing tools and professional advisory services to individuals and organizations in low-to-moderate income and underserved communities. VCC Bank is an FDIC-insured, certified bank and B Corp offering products tailored to socially conscious investors, along with personal and business checking, savings, and certificate of deposit accounts. VCC Bank is a majority-owned subsidiary of VCCSE. Member FDIC. Equal Housing Lender. Learn more at www.vacommunitycapital.org.
LOCUS is a national nonprofit consulting organization and mission-driven registered investment advisor firm providing a comprehensive set of tools to the increasing number of foundations and place-focused impact institutions looking for innovative ways to invest in and transform communities. LOCUS believes that philanthropy and mission-driven investors should work alongside communities to grow economies that work for all. We partner with these impact investors to redefine their role as capital providers, activate investments and endowments for community impact, and use their capital as a tool to drive equitable prosperity. LOCUS is a wholly owned subsidiary of the non-profit, VCC Social Enterprises. For more information about LOCUS visit https://locusimpactinvesting.org.
VCCSE seeks an experienced Senior Financial Analyst to provide strategic business/financial analysis services to senior management. This position will work closely with the business units to gain in depth understanding of current and planned business strategy, processes and services and translate that understanding into financial budgets, forecasts and recommendations to drive key business decisions. Prefer a candidate within reasonable driving distance of Richmond, Christiansburg, or Norfolk, Virginia offices. Willing to consider a fully remote position for the most qualified candidate.
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for reviewing assigned business processes/strategies from end-to-end to identify and address operational, financial and technological risks and identify opportunities to improve efficiency and leverage people and technology to achieve strategic goals, all for a complex, multi-company/multi-business line organization across a wide geography.
- Demonstrate deep understanding of current organizational structure, planned strategic objectives, business lines, business processes, and operational capacity
- Provide near and long-range forecasting to enhance strategic decision making (strategy planning, annual profit planning, and monthly forecasts)
- Deliver continuous improvements in the Annual Profit Planning and monthly forecast processes to drive simplification and overall reduction to the processing and cycle time of the planning process
- Build and maintain complex financial models to assist with key business decisions. Will also assist business line/departmental analysists in developing models/assumptions for business case/project level financial forecasts
- Complete ad hoc financial analysis and develop strategic business plans with business units/senior management
- Design custom reports/key performance indicators for business units and provide cross-functional leadership for the report development
- Utilize knowledge of process and systems to advice cross-functional teams on appropriate data sources for analysis
- Drive improvements in key financial processes to optimize efficiency and quality of data
- Live and represent the values and mission of the organization – keeping diverse, equitable, and inclusive impact at the center of all efforts and execution
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or Economics
- 5 or more years’ experience in similar role/responsibilities
- Required experience with one or more of the following FP&A software solutions: ProfitStar, Plansmith, Datarails, Board, Workday, Planful or Jirav.
- Required experience with SAP/BPC/Business Objects systems, (preferably with Salesforce, or similar system)
- Required System proficiency: Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Access, Teams, Outlook)
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with others and successfully interact with people at all management and support levels, as well as people of diverse socio-economic backgrounds
- Effective written communication skills to deliver content and recommendations accurately.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work activities to meet deadlines and ensure high quality work products
- High level of adaptability and flexibility required
- Ability to travel as required
- Alignment with the organizational goals
Compensation and Benefits
- $90,000-$105,000 annual salary depending on skills and experience
- Bonus opportunity if bonuses are paid in any given calendar year
- 17 days of PTO per year
- 11-Paid holidays per year
- Medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability insurance
- 401k savings plan with employer match
- Life Insurance
- Flexible work environment and hybrid/remote options
VCCSE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
How to Apply
Click link to apply or mail or fax resume with cover letter to:
VCC Social Enterprises
7814 Carousel Lane, Suite 100
Richmond, VA 23294
Fax: (804) 939-6180