Company: Flywheel Social Enterprise Hub
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Job Function: Administrative/Operations/IT
Flywheel is on a mission to equip richly diverse, impact-focused entrepreneurs with knowledge, strategies, skills, and connections to develop and expand their impact-focused businesses. Widely respected, Flywheel is the organizational backbone that supports, advocates for, and is an ally of founders for whom social and/or environmental impact is a non-negotiable component of their business models. Flywheel supports startup founders through its Venture Programs and Access to Capital Programs.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will oversee the strategic and operational efficiency of our programs and staff. This seasoned leader not only understands current trends in the startup space and entrepreneurship, but has proven experience developing a fundraising plan and implementing it. Prior experience managing and hiring staff is essential, and established relationships with local community groups is a plus. Above all, they will be comfortable in a leadership role that demands clear communication and decisiveness.
- Advocates for entrepreneurship as a tool for addressing systemic inequity and improving the social fabric of our community.
- Advocates for increasing access to capital for underrepresented founders and impactful ventures.
- Works with the Board of Directors to fulfill the organization’s mission
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of Flywheel, developing and managing resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization and maintain a positive financial position.
- Works with the Programs Manager to ensure that programs and services align with the organizational mission and strategy.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related management field or comparable experience.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, financial statement preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
- A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- The ability to envision and convey the organization’s mission and strategic future to staff, board, volunteers, portfolio companies, donors, and ecosystem partners.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, motivate and collaborate with a small staff.
- Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding landscape (private, corporate, and government) with a preference for fundraising experience in southwest Ohio).
- Experience and skill in working with a Board of Directors.
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Possesses strong written and oral communication skills including public speaking.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation: $79,000 – $89,000 plus 403(b) match and healthcare premium assistance.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should email a cover letter expressing why they are the perfect candidate for this position to hiring@Flywheelcincinnati.org