Company: Small Business Assistance Corporation
Location: Savannah, GA
Job Function: Lending/Loan Operations
Small Business Assistance Corporation (SBAC) is a 501c3 Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) specializing in loans and technical assistance for new and existing small businesses. We are located in Savannah, GA, but service Southeast, Georgia and the Low Country of South Carolina. We offer a variety of Loan Programs ranging from $1K to $5.5M through various federal and non-federal sources: The U. S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Micro, Community Advantage, and 504 loan programs; United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), and the City of Savannah CDBG Revolving Loan Fund.
SBAC has been in operations since September 1989 with a continued mission to provide services to underserved markets such as women, minorities, rural, and veteran-owned businesses.
The Director of Lending is an Executive position that originates loans and oversees the SBAC Loan Programs (“Program”), which provide loans up to $1.25 Million to small businesses. The Director ensures all loans comply with requirements and guidelines set forth by the SBAC and funders. The Director also works with Executive Management in strategic/business planning, marketing of lending products, analyzing loan applications, and identifying problems and opportunities.
- Ensures Program activities and projects align with Board directives.
- Manages the loan origination function. Identifies leads, manages loan prospects, and acquires and originates new loans.
- Markets Program products informing small businesses and individuals of the Program’s outcomes, benefits, and structures.
- Establishes, develops, and maintains positive relationships with existing and potential customers. Maintain appropriate business referral sources to generate leads.
- Formulates loan policies, procedures, and operational guidelines. Prepares and submits all Program work plans, budget reports, and other required reports and inquiries from established deadlines. Monitors and manages expenditures within budget allocations.
- Keeps informed of trends, changes, and developments in the SBAC lending markets.
- Monitors collaborators and competitors and keeps up-to-date with changing rules, regulations, and guidelines from the Small Business Administration, U.S. Treasury Department, U.S. Department of Agriculture, Community Development Finance Institutions Fund, and other agencies.
- Administers all program lending activities for business loan operations to determine efficient work plans that achieve business objectives. Ensures optimal customer service and participates in all improvement activities. Develops, processes, and presents new commercial (small business) loans for approval of the loan committee.
- Determines and maintains internal control of all loan processes and activities.
- Works with the loan closing and servicing department, including payment plans and write-offs, and designs appropriate methods and procedures to maintain loan program effectiveness.
- Monitors interest rates, performs quality reviews, and analyzes financial reports to develop credit and business issues solutions.
- Approves all credit reports for qualification purposes and documents all borrower resources.
- Evaluate all documents to maintain the accuracy of all electronic files.
- Actively participates in recruiting Program employees, including interviewing candidates and making recommendations for hire. Provides training for all program employees, whether directly or in coordination with approved third-party providers. Plans, assign, and direct employee work. Conducts employee performance planning, feedback, and evaluation at scheduled intervals. Provides ongoing coaching and performance improvement planning to close performance gaps.
- Conducts various assessments and audits to ensure Program procedures achieve accurate and desired results.
- Ensures the proper handling and maintenance of confidential, sensitive, and proprietary information without exception.
- Performs job duties following SBAC s policies and procedures. Considers SBAC’s mission and core values when making decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a field related to banking, finance, or business. Financial banking or analytical work experience could provide knowledge, skills, and abilities if the work experience were of such scope, level, and quality to assure the possession of comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Five (5) years of lending experience in a bank, revolving loan fund, or other lending institutions. Must include originating loans, providing consulting services, and training staff on financial practices/procedures.
- Three (3) years of administrative experience demonstrating an ability to manage professional staff effectively and develop solutions to complex and unprecedented situations. Must establish and maintain effective working relationships with others and take primary responsibility for creating, managing, executing, and coordinating program policies and activities.
Compensation and Benefits
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Competitive salary based on experience and skills; excellent benefits
- Dental insurance available
- Expense spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance available
How to Apply
Company’s website: https://sbacsav.com/join-our-team/
Upload and submit your resume on the company’s website.