Company: VCC Social Enterprises
Location: Richmond, VA
Job Function: Other
About VCC Social Enterprises
VCC Social Enterprises is a nonprofit holding company regulated by the Federal Reserve. VCC Social Enterprises is the parent organization for Virginia Community Capital, VCC Bank, and LOCUS Impact Investing. Virginia Community Capital (VCC) is a $275 million community development financial institution (CDFI) with a mission to create jobs, energize places, and promote an enhanced quality of life in our communities. With offices in Christiansburg, Norfolk, and Richmond, VCC offers innovative and flexible financing tools and professional advisory services to individuals and organizations in low-to-moderate income and underserved communities. VCC Bank is an FDIC-insured, certified bank and B Corp offering products tailored to socially conscious investors, along with personal and business checking, savings, and certificate of deposit accounts. VCC Bank is a majority-owned subsidiary of VCC Social Enterprises. Member FDIC. Equal Housing Lender. Learn more at www.vacommunitycapital.org.
About LOCUS Impact Investing:
LOCUS Impact Investing is a national nonprofit consulting organization and mission-driven registered investment advisor firm providing a comprehensive set of tools to the increasing number of foundations and place-focused impact institutions looking for innovative ways to invest in and transform communities. LOCUS believes that philanthropy and mission-driven investors should work alongside communities to grow economies that work for all. We partner with these impact investors to redefine their role as capital providers, activate investments and endowments for community impact, and use their capital as a tool to drive equitable prosperity. LOCUS is a wholly owned subsidiary of the non-profit, VCC Social Enterprises. For more information about LOCUS visit https://locusimpactinvesting.org.
VCCSE is seeking a Director of Impact (DOI) to serve as a key figure leading both the vision and mission of VCCSE, working in close partnership with the CEO, Chief External Affairs Officer, and Board of Directors. The DOI will report directly to the Chief External Affairs Officer. This position will develop and implement a company-wide impact strategy, provide data recommendations, and oversee research and data analytics projects across all VCCSE business lines and report research on new and existing initiatives, trends, and best practices.
The DOI will oversee implementation of VCCSE’s mission with a specific focus on:
- A strong people and place-based ethos, supporting VCCSE with data and evidence-based impact strategies and models reflecting known best practices and promising innovative approaches
- Co-building a cross-departmentally collaborative organizational culture
- Ensuring strong implementation and impact strategies to support the mission-focused work and goals
- Advancing an impact framework and related strategies deeply committed to DEI principles and practices
Impact Strategy and Evaluation Models
- Lead development and achievement of social, environmental and community impact goals for VCCSE as part of the Management Committee
- Design and implement a plan to incorporate social and environmental values into VCCSE’s lending and credit evaluations
- Implement new data collection systems and models
- Supervise Impact Analyst to create and maintain data collection systems, analyze, and report data
- Work with Executive team, staff, and board to ensure our internal and external operational practices align with our values
- Develop VCCSE’s Theory of Change
- Determine data VCCSE will need to collect to prove its Theory of Change and demonstrate its efficacy to stakeholder and partner interests
- Develop a process to ensure impact data is shared with external audiences in regular interval
- Collaborate with local, national, and international organizations and associations working in this field to share, learn and develop principles and best practices
- Research best practices and latest science on impact measurement, community, environmental and individual wellbeing, neighborhood development indicators
- Present at various events, conferences etc.
Stakeholder Engagement and Partner Development
- Build strong relationships in partnership across all business lines of VCCSE with key place-based stakeholders and intermediaries including CDFIs, Community Foundations, grassroots groups, non-profit organizations, and public sector partners.
- Advance VCCSE’s goals of increased equity and inclusion in the finance system, including developing and leading targeted outreach and engagement strategies for underrepresented and excluded groups.
Policy and Advocacy Leadership
- Champion strong relationships at all levels of government
- Develop and foster partnerships with community organizations and other advocacy groups engaged in policy issues
- Monitor news and legislative developments on key issues and identify opportunities for action on key policies and programs that are tied to VCCSE’s mission and values
- Represent VCCSE on committees, working groups, task forces and regional policy bodies, etc.
- 3-5 years professional experience in community development finance, data collection, analysis and reporting preferred
- Education in urban planning, data science, business sociology, finance preferred
- Writing example required: In no more than 500 words write a research brief that relates to one of VCCSE’s focus areas. Please use at least three different sources and cite within the brief
- Two professional references required
Compensation and Benefits
- $80,000 to $90,000
- Bonus opportunity if bonuses are paid in any given calendar year
- 17 days of PTO per year
- Medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability insurance
- 401k savings plan with employer match
- Life insurance
- Flexible work environment and hybrid remote options
How to Apply
Click link to apply or mail or fax resume with cover letter to:
VCC Social Enterprises
7814 Carousel Lane, Suite 100
Richmond, VA 23294
Fax: (804) 939-6180
VCCSE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. VCCSE does not discriminate in hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, national origin, non-job-related disability, or status as a veteran.