Company: Access to Capital for Entrepreneurs
Location: Atlanta, GA
Job Function: Credit
Connect passion with purpose. Are you a go getter and looking to do rewarding and impactful work? Access to Capital for Entrepreneurs (ACE) is a 24-year Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) that gives small businesses a chance when others can’t or won’t. ACE supports small business owners that others will not by providing economic development to underserved communities and people. This includes women, low-to-moderate income and small business owners of color that have historically, and continue today, to lack equitable, inclusive access to capital. Since ACE’s first loan in 2000, we have provided over $200 million in capital to small businesses, assisted more than 2,600 entrepreneurs, and helped them create or retain over 21,000 Georgia jobs.
The Chief Credit Officer manages the credit approval process, as well as portfolio monitoring systems for all current and future credit products. The Chief Credit Officer is responsible for helping ACE achieve its social impact goals and for implementing equitable practices in credit management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leading, developing and supervising a high-performing team.
- Further develop a credit culture aligned with ACE’s purpose and mission.
- Develop strategies for improving delinquencies, defaults, loan securitization and pricing.
- Manage credit process including enhancing process effectiveness and increasing efficiency.
- Ensure in-depth analysis and appropriate underwriting of complex transactions.
- Ensure risk rating accuracy and loan loss reserve adequacy.
- Manage portfolio risk and reporting.
- Analyze ACE’s’ underwriting policy to identify any practices that may be inequitable, assess risk incorrectly, and/or could be improved.
- Ensure compliance with Loan Policies and Procedures, compliance standards and other ACE policies.
- Ensure that credit team maintains updated knowledge and understanding of ACE’s loan policies and guidelines.
- Support training and professional development of credit staff, lending staff and business advisory staff to provide opportunities to build skills and experience.
- Work with Director of Lending on the determination of overall loan portfolio composition and the management of concentrations.
- Collaborate with loan operations department to ensure timely and accurate execution of loan documentation.
- Further develop and maintain ACE policies and procedures as they pertain to portfolio management, risk management, collections and underwriting.
- Review and analyze credit exceptions, refinances and restructures for trends and policy, and procedure adjustments.
- Prepare quarterly detailed and written reports for presentation to Management Team, Loan Committee, and Board.
- Attend all Loan Committee and Board meetings.
- Manage Third Party Contractor who provides Annual Loan Review and Report to include individual loan review and segmented portfolio loan review.
- Approve grade changes of loans as appropriate.
- Approve restructuring of individual loans.
- Supervise Portfolio Risk Credit Manager, Credit Analyst and Collections/Recovery Specialist.
- Improve operational efficiency through innovation, leadership and training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as finance or business; graduate degree in one of these fields is highly beneficial.
- At least ten (10) years of direct commercial credit risk management or lending experience ideally at a commercial bank or community development financial institution (CDFI).
- Experience in managing a commercial credit risk or lending team.
- Strong financial analysis, underwriting, risk assessment, risk mitigation and problem loan resolution skills.
- 3+ years of supervisory and leadership experience and relevant loan operations management experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be able to demonstrate analytical thinking skills.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience
Generous PTO and Holidays
Medical, Vision, Short & Long Term Disability & Life Insurance
Hybrid work environment
Simple Plan IRA with 3% Match
How to Apply
Email your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to HR@aceloans.org Use job title “Chief Credit Officer” in the subject line.