The 2019 OFN Conference is almost here! Here are a few new and special activities we think you’ll want to add to your schedule now. And stay tuned for the OFN Conference app (coming soon!)—which will help you navigate the Conference experience with ease!
Newly Added Sessions
Past attendees of the OFN Conference know that the curriculum is filled with sessions that appeal to all types, from industry novices to the most seasoned practitioners. Here are a few newly added sessions to consider:
- Rural Drug Addiction and How CDFIs Are Responding – Monday, October 21
- Criminal Justice Reform & Innovative Lending with R3 Score – Monday, October 21
- Recruiting New Talent into the CDFI Industry – Wednesday, October 23
CDFIs in Action: DC Neighborhood Tours
CDFIs in Action Tours at the OFN Conference are an opportunity for Conference co-hosts to highlight their lending successes in the region. Tours are filling up fast! Choose any of the following tours:
- Columbia Heights en Español – Monday, October 21
- Minnesota Avenue Main Street – Monday, October 21
- Northeast DC + – Monday, October 21
- Creating Impact by Co-Locating Health, Housing, and Services – Tuesday, October 22
- LEDC Food Tour – Tuesday, October 22
Additional fees apply to all tours. See the OFN Conference agenda for more details.
CDFI Congressional Champion Awards Reception
All Conference attendees are invited to the CDFI Congressional Champion Awards Reception on Capitol Hill on Tuesday, October 22, from 5:30-7:00 PM, where we’ll honor four Members of Congress who have championed CDFI policies that foster economic development impact in communities nationwide:
- Representative Barbara Lee (D-CA)
- Representative Steven Palazzo (R-MS)
- Senator Sherrod Brown (D-OH)
- Senator Steven Daines (R-MT)
Special Performance by Step Afrika! https://www.youtube.com/embed/8xQYr6P_qBc
This year’s opening plenary will kick off with a special performance from Step Afrika!, the first professional company dedicated to the tradition of stepping, an art form practiced by historically African American fraternities and sororities.
Founded in 1994, the company blends the percussive style of stepping with African traditional dance and influences from a variety of other dance and art forms. Step Afrika! now ranks as one of the top ten African American dance companies in the United States.
“This year we’re excited to welcome Step Afrika! to OFN’s stage. Step Afrika!’s dance style is pure energy, and they promise to leave an indelible impression on our attendees,” said Donna Fabiani, OFN’s Executive Vice President of Knowledge Sharing. “I can’t think of a better way to open the Conference.”
Haven’t registered for the Conference yet? Register now.