Company: Reinvestment Fun
Locations: Philadelphia (Headquarters), PA; Atlanta, GA; Baltimore, MD
Job Function: Lending/Loan Operations
About The Reinvestment Fund:
Headquartered in Philadelphia, Reinvestment Fund operates nationally with regional offices in Baltimore, MD, and Atlanta, GA. Reinvestment Fund is a national mission-driven financial institution that creates opportunity for underserved people and places through partnerships. We marshal the capital, analytics, and expertise necessary to build strong, healthy, and more equitable communities.
As a federally certified community development financial institution (CDFI), our job is to make finance an agent of positive change and equitable growth. We provide loans, grants, and technical assistance to businesses and nonprofits. Our borrowers and grantees educate students, support local economies, and create jobs. They build affordable housing and provide community goods and services that include access to nutritious food, hunger relief, physical and mental health care, and other social services.
At Reinvestment Fund, you’ll be part of a talented and passionate team of communicators and business development staff, lenders, portfolio managers, analysts, grant program managers, accountants, and policy researchers who bring their unique talents to our mission.
Reinvestment Fund is currently undergoing a multi-year race, equity, and inclusion organizational change process, and we are seeking candidates who share a commitment to advancing racial equity and anti-racism and are prepared to engage in that work.
Work Location: This position can be located in Philadelphia, PA; Atlanta, GA; Baltimore, MD
Reinvestment Fund is maintaining a 100% remote work environment through September 12, 2022, due to COVID. Reinvestment Fund expects to provide a flexible work arrangement that will be a hybrid home/office work arrangement in 2022 and beyond.
It is anticipated that a combination of working remote and two days in a Reinvestment Fund office location will allow for face-to-face interactions. Depending on the nature of the job, a more flexible work schedule may be considered.
Reinvestment Fund Position Description
About the Position: Portfolio Manager
Reinvestment Fund is looking for talented and mission-driven Commercial Loan Portfolio Manager to support our Lending and Investments team in the post-closing relationship management of Reinvestment Fund’s borrowers. The Portfolio Management team serves as the client point of contact once the loan has closed, and is responsible for payment performance, compliance monitoring, annual review, financial analysis, and risk mitigation. Portfolio Managers have broad array of loans under management are the organizations key partner in identifying issues and resolving performance related concerns. The Portfolio Management team also measures and presents lending business insights, credit risk and performance metrics.
Each Portfolio Manager oversees multiple asset classes and is responsible for understanding project purpose, community impact, as well as the underlying loan cash flows, collateral, and repayment structure.
Who we are looking for:
Portfolio Management requires a high level of independent, analytical work, strong interpersonal skills and good judgment. Portfolio Managers manage several projects at a time, and regularly adjust priorities based on business needs. Portfolio Managers are expected to be flexible and accountable the team. They are supported by a collaborative, collegial environment, and responsive management.
Qualified candidates will have a financial industry background, experience in commercial lending or real estate and outstanding organizational skills. The successful candidate will have a track record of leading collaborative projects and will have a demonstrated affinity for working in a team setting. They will be passionate about using finance as a tool to change people’s lives for the better.
- Oversee the performance of loans and asset classes under management as assigned.
- Provide quality customer service at all points of contact with Reinvestment Fund borrowers as well as answer questions and advise customers regarding loan transactions.
- Act as Post Closing Relationship Manager for Reinvestment Fund borrowers.
- Analyze portfolio trends and identify portfolio vulnerabilities by interpreting data on payment trends, borrower financial rations, pricing, economic influences, and other factors affecting the portfolio.
- Manage loan covenant compliance, including financial statement collection, performing quarterly and/or annual covenant compliance checks, and following up with borrowers in the case of covenant violations.
- Prepare consistent and accurate analyses during loan events such as annual loan review, modification, extensions, or default.
- Propose solutions to loan problems and accurately explain the risks and benefits of proposals in formal credit memorandum.
- Prepare annual reviews that identify trends and keep various stakeholders apprised of portfolio performance and of any identified concerns.
- Self-prepare documentation to effectuate loan changes or coordinate with attorneys in the timely documentation of same.
- Prepare quarterly loan impairment analysis for all troubled loans in the assigned portfolio.
- Develop and enforce loan workout plans under the direction of the Managing Director.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Experience, Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, economics, accounting or other related fields preferred. Experience will be considered in lieu of undergraduate degree
- 5+ years related job experience with increasing levels of financial analysis expertise in Financial Services, Real Estate, or other related fields
- Formal Commercial Credit training strongly preferred
- Experience creating and communicating credit, investment or real estate analysis – formal writing and oral presentation to various stakeholders. Ability to effectively synthesize information, organize logical arguments and summarize key points.
- Experience performing financial analysis and modeling in Excel.
- Strong experience in analyzing complex financial statements and tax returns.
- Experience interpreting legal documents such as leases, mortgage notes, contracts, etc.
- Experience reviewing construction budgets, project plans, appraisals, inspection reports and other real estate documents.
- Ability to draw conclusions from financial and market data to make sound recommendations regarding ongoing loan management.
- Comfortable interfacing data between various computer applications/systems.
- Experience working with diverse people and community-based organizations.
- Experience with affordable housing subsidy programs, historic tax credit programs and other economic development tools.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation and Benefits:
Reinvestment Fund offers a competitive salary based on experience and skills, as well as an excellent benefits package including employer-paid health, disability and life insurance, 401(k) savings plan with employer match, flexible spending accounts (medical, dependent care and transportation), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and EAP program.
Reinvestment Fund uses E-Verify to validate all new hires’ ability to legally work in the United States. Reinvestment Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reinvestment Fund does not discriminate in hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, national origin, non-job-related disabilities, or status as a veteran.
How to Apply
Please submit your application to include Resume and Cover letter to:
Thank you for your interest n Reinvestment Fund!