Company: IRC's Center for Economic Opportunity
Location: Remote opportunity, All
Job Function: Lending/Loan Operations
CEO is a subsidiary of the International Rescue Committee and a non-profit financial institution that offers accessible, small-dollar consumer and microenterprise loans primarily to refugees, immigrants and other traditionally financially-excluded communities. CEO makes its loans through partnerships with trusted community-based organizations that offer financial education and other asset-building services.
The Loan Processor is a new position with primary responsibility for reviewing required documents and verifying the accuracy and completeness of all loan applications. This will require independent financial analysis to prepare applications for underwriting and may also include direct contact with applicants and/or their referring financial counselors. This is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Operations Manager.
CEO is rapidly expanding nationally and offers opportunity for career growth. 10% – 15% of each week may be spent gaining experience across any of CEO’s core operational areas – including customer service, project design, curriculum/resource development, grant and donor support, communications, partnerships or monitoring and evaluation.
- Review online loan applications for completeness and data quality accuracy
- Review applicants’ credit, income, banking and budget to prepare applications for underwriting
- Ensure customer demographics and application reports are accurate and in compliance with all donor restrictions
- Provide application support to applicants directly and/or through referring counselors
- Assist Loan Officer with requests and tasks needed to complete and process applications
- Evaluate application process and implement improvements to the process workflow in close collaboration with Operations team
- Work in close collaboration with management, programs, and finance teams to ensure timely submission of high-quality financial reports to CEO or donors per scheduled due dates and/or contractual obligations
- Provide administrative support and backfill gaps as needed across departments
- Support key initiatives, pilot projects, trainings, research and other capacity-building efforts
- Other related duties as assigned
- Experience in banking/financial services industry; 4-year degree in related field strongly preferred
- 2+ years professional work experience; in banking/financial services industry preferred
- High degree of professional integrity; ability and commitment to maintain confidentiality of sensitive data
- Solid organizational skills: detail-oriented, ability to multi-task, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently, be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
- Good interpersonal skills: ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment
- Solid Computer skills: MS Word, Excel, other financial related software strongly preferred
- Fluency in Ukrainian strongly preferred; fluency in Arabic, Spanish, or Swahili also of interest
Compensation and Benefits
Posted pay ranges apply to US-based candidates. Ranges are based on various factors including the labor market, job type, internal equity, and budget. Exact offers are calibrated by work location, individual candidate experience and skills relative to the defined job requirement
Pay Range: USD 21.45 – 29.42 Hourly
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via the link below. Applications submitted via email may not be seen and therefore not considered.