Locations: Lansing, MI; Detroit, MI
Job Function: Financial Services
Who we are
Cinnaire is a mission-driven organization. Our team of more than 130 individuals are united by our core purpose. As dedicated problem solvers, we start each day thinking ‘what kind of difference can we make in people’s lives today?’ and then go about revitalizing communities, empowering individuals and creating economic opportunities.
What we do
We get involved. We spend time on the ground in the communities we serve, getting to know the people, understanding their challenges, and devising out-of-the-box solutions. Ours is a people-first approach to advancing communities. As a community development financial organization, we provide creative capital solutions to projects with high social value that may not otherwise receive support from traditional financial institutions. Our toolkit of services includes programs that lend funds, finance development and manage and build all the components of healthy communities.
How we do it
We help community development organizations, lending partners and socially motivated investors accomplish goals in underserved communities. We fill gaps in community development funding by leveraging capital from public and private sector organizations and bringing expertise to communities that need it most.
Where we serve
Since 1993, Cinnaire has funded affordable housing developments and community development initiatives throughout the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic states. Headquartered in Lansing Michigan, we have offices in Detroit and Grand Rapids, MI:, Milwaukee and Madison, WI; Chicago, IL; Indianapolis, IN; and Wilmington, DE, while providing financial and development support across our nine-state footprint including Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Indiana, Illinois, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware and Maryland.
The Financial Analyst is an Asset Management team member, providing support to Real Estate Owned (REO) Manager and Special Assets team. The REO team serves as the General Partner representative for Cinnaire REO deals, and the Special Assets team oversees a portfolio of underperforming real estate debt and equity investments on the Cinnaire watch list. This role will also be responsible for a quarterly and year-end reporting portfolio and maintaining insurance compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the REO Manager in monitoring and improving the performance of the REO developments.
- Assists in collecting and analyzing financial statements, tax returns, personal financial statements, title work, and other related information.
- Participates in meetings and site visits with internal and external partners.
- Responds to investor and management requests.
- Assists the Special Assets team with the following:
- Tracks action plans, their progression, and the steps to achieve the objectives and goals.
- Prepares lower-tier capital advances, upper-tier cash requests and annual cash needs projections in addition to performing fund reserve stress analyses.
- Ensures accurate information in the data management system for Special Assets and REO developments.
- Reviews network folders to ensure appropriate documents are available, including financials, guarantor statements, compliance reports, and other related documents.
- Manages the insurance compliance management system.
- Ensures timely and accurate review of lower-tier insurance requirements.
- Follows-up with asset managers and partners to address insurance non-compliance.
- Reports out monthly to the Senior Vice President of Asset Management and the REO Manager.
- Responsible for a quarterly and year-end reporting portfolio.
- Assists REO Manager with the sale of properties, including document preparation and distribution to appropriate parties.
- Maintains relationships with property managers, investors, housing finance agencies, and related parties.
Qualifications and Skills:
- BA/BS from accredited College/University preferred but not required.
- Relevant work experience required.
- Analysis to Synthesis: Interprets data and information from multiple sources and translates it into coherent messages that inform decisions.
- Intellectual Agility: Can flex and adapt thinking skills to meet the needs of different situations and circumstances. Doesn’t limit problem solving to one approach or methodology.
- Insight to action: Acts on conviction and advances from concept to implementation toward a goal. Draws upon knowledge and professional judgement to orchestrate the steps required to get results.
- Self-Development: Operate with the mindset of continuous improvement. Embrace their career development, learn, and update skills.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to REO Manager
Supervisory Relationship: None
- Ability to sit at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to travel
Travel Required: Up to 40%
Compensation and Benefits
Cinnaire offers a competitive compensation package.
How to Apply