Read time: 0 minutes
Annual convening for CDFIs and other lenders with a mission to invest capital with purpose sells out for second consecutive year.
The annual OFN Conference has sold out for the second consecutive year in the event’s nearly 40-year history! From October 15-18, we’re bringing the 2023 OFN Conference — themed Capital Meets Purpose — to Washington, D.C., for those who believe investment capital has a purpose far beyond profit.
Across bold, thought-provoking plenaries and deep dive sessions, 2023 OFN Conference attendees will explore the industry’s founding purpose of investing capital for people and what it means today. We’ll look closely at important topics like climate finance, economic uncertainty, the future CDFI workforce, post-pandemic capital deployment, and racial, social, and economic justice.
We will make plenary session recordings and other select content available on-demand for free after the conference.
Although we can’t accommodate all who wish to attend, we hope you share our enthusiasm for the ever-growing interest in the work of CDFIs and other mission lenders to invest capital with purpose.
This year’s plenaries will explore critical topics and challenge us to evolve as an industry, even as we stay true to our finance justice mission. Speakers include:
- Byron Auguste, CEO and Co-Founder, Opportunity at Work
- Dr. Robert Bullard, Bullard Center for Environmental and Climate Justice at Texas Southern University
- Maria Flynn, CEO, Jobs for the Future
- Jerome Foster II, Climate Activist, White House Environmental Justice Advisory Council Member
- George Holland, Mayor of Moorhead, Mississippi
- Brian Moynihan, Chair of the Board and CEO, Bank of America
- Harold Pettigrew, President and CEO, Opportunity Finance Network
- Noel Andrés Poyo, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Community Economic Development, U.S. Department of Treasury
Plenary sessions include:
- Climate Justice: A CDFI Calling
- Embracing Our Purpose: Perspectives and Personal Stories
- Building a Future-Proof Industry Workforce
Things to Note
- Registration. We are currently offering a limited waitlist. Visit the registration site to join. Due to hotel capacity, onsite registration will not be available.
- Accommodations. Our room blocks at the conference and overflow hotels are sold out. Hotel rooms are available nearby, but we are unable to secure a discounted room rate.
- Tours. CDFI in Action tours are sold out and the waitlist is now closed. Attendees may not join tours independently due to capacity restraints at tour sites.
- Training. If you’ve already signed up for the conference, limited spots are still available for training on Sunday, October 15. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- OFN Training | CDFI 101: Orientation to the Industry
- OFN Partner Training | CDFI Certification Readiness
- OFN Partner Training | Unlocking the Debt Capital Markets: An Introductory Seminar for CDFIs
- Afternoon on Capitol Hill. Registration to meet with federal policymakers on Capitol Hill during the conference is now closed.
- Scholarships. Our application for complimentary conference registration is now closed.
- Refunds. Cancel or transfer your registration on or before October 4 for a full refund, less a $75 administrative fee. See the event registration site for our full refund policy and other event details.
How You Can Participate Virtually
Not attending in person? Participate from the comfort of your home or office!
- During the conference. Follow OFN on social media and join the conversation using hashtags #2023OFNConf, #CapitalMeetsPurpose, and #CareerMeetsPurpose.
- After the conference. Plenary sessions will be recorded, and you can watch them all on-demand! Check our event recap page after the conference.
Also, subscribe to our newsletter for ongoing updates about the CDFI industry’s work to finance justice across the country.
Save the Date for the 2024 OFN Conference!
Join us in Los Angeles next year! We’ll be at the JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. Live, October 21-24. Stay tuned for more details about next year’s conference and other OFN events!
Stay Connected with OFN
Subscribe to OFN newsletters to receive regular updates straight to your inbox and check out the OFN blog for the latest coverage from OFN and the CDFI industry. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.