CDFIs and our mission partners are critical stakeholders in the successful implementation of the Greenhouse Gas Reduction Fund (GHGRF or Fund).
The CDFI industry must urge EPA to design a program that reaches underserved communities by partnering with CDFIs and other mission lenders.
OFN is taking a two-pronged approach to maximize CDFI participation in the program:
- Advocacy. OFN is drafting and coordinating responses to the EPA and other stakeholders to advocate for CDFIs and other mission lenders to play a central role in the Fund.
- Application. OFN will submit a GHGRF application in collaboration with partners.
The next 30 days are critical to ensure EPA develops a program that CDFIs can access. We urge you to take action in one of the following ways:
- Participate in the EPA’s virtual listening sessions on November 9 to advocate for CDFIs. OFN’s October 11 letter to EPA Administrator Regan has talking points.
- Send OFN your feedback by November 17. We need your feedback to shape OFN’s response to the EPA Register for OFN’s upcoming webinar on Thursday, November 17, at 2:00 PM ET or submit written feedback here. Your input will help develop a template letter CDFIs can use to submit comments to the EPA.
- Submit your own comments directly to EPA by the December 5 deadline.
Stay tuned to OFN’s blog and emails for more information on next steps.