The National Coalition for Asian Pacific American Community Development (CAPACD) recently published a report entitled “Small Business, Big Dreams” that focuses on the successes and challenges of Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) entrepreneurs operating small businesses in low-income communities.
Created to help fill a gap in existing data, the report highlights innovative strategies used by economic development organizations that serve low-income AAPI entrepreneurs, specifically nine National CAPACD member organizations that provide culturally competent business counseling and technical assistance services:
- Asian Economic Development Association
- Asian Pacific Islander Small Business Program
- Asian Services in Action
- Business Center for New Americans
- Center for Pan Asian Community Services
- Pacific Asian Consortium in Employment
- Pacific Island Knowledge 2 Action Resources
- Philadelphia Chinatown Community Development Center
- Renaissance Economic Development Corporation
Read the full report here.