Join the Fight to #KeepCDFIsStrong
We invite you to join OFN all year long in our campaign to #KeepCDFIsStrong!
Through the campaign, we aim to rally the CDFI industry and highlight CDFIs engaging in COVID-19 relief and recovery efforts in communities across the nation; drive awareness about CDFIs for new supporters, including funders, investors, and policy makers; and advocate for CDFIs as a solution to the devastating economic impacts of COVID-19 on low-income, low-wealth, and other people and communities underserved by mainstream finance.
Here’s how you can participate:
1) Download #KeepCDFIsStrong campaign graphics.
2) Share #KeepCDFIsStrong campaign graphics on social media using the suggested language below (be sure to enter your CDFI’s details where you see brackets):
- CDFIs need flexible, low-cost capital NOW as they serve communities hardest hit by COVID-19. That’s why we’re asking for $1 billion for @CDFIFund. Join us! #KeepCDFIsStrong
- CDFIs are financial first responders for people and places across America. From 9/11 to the Great Recession, and many natural disasters, #CDFIs have proven their resilience and ability to deliver relief and recovery to hard-hit communities. #KeepCDFIsStrong
- In the face of #COVID19 and its uncertainties, community development financial institutions (#CDFIs) will continue to do what we do best: We will ensure credit flows to rural, urban, and Native communities nationwide. Now more than ever, we must #KeepCDFIsStrong.
- Community development financial institutions (#CDFIs) are resilient, with decades of experience lending in all economic conditions. At <INSERT ORGANIZATION NAME>, our team is working day and night to provide emergency relief to those hardest hit by #COVID19. #KeepCDFIsStrong
- We’re proud to be a CDFI serving <INSERT SERVICE AREA>. Together with more than 1,000 CDFIs nationwide, we will help small businesses, nonprofit service providers, affordable housing providers, and more overcome this economic downturn. #KeepCDFIsStrong
Thank you for joining us in our efforts to #KeepCDFIsStrong and drive relief and recovery where it’s needed most!
Please reach out with any questions to Caroline Valvardi, OFN senior associate of strategic communications, at email@example.com.