Company: ECDI - Economic and Community Development Institute
Locations: Columbus, OH; Cincinnati, OH
Job Function: Fundraising
ECDI is a nonprofit organization, dedicated to serving underserved and underbanked small business owners. Our goal is to assure that every entrepreneur – regardless of where they came from, where they live, their gender or their race – has access to funding and the business mentoring services they need to succeed.
We’re based in Columbus, with offices in Cleveland, Cincinnati, Akron, Portsmouth, and Toledo. For small business clients in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana, we serve a one-stop resource center.
Our Recruiting Process:
- 20-minute call with recruiter
- 60-minute video call with panel interview
- 2-hour onsite panel interview
- Job offer
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. We are committed to attracting and retaining diverse talent while providing learning and professional advancement opportunities for our employees. We strive to advance our mission and bring equitable opportunity to all those we serve and employ.
The Economic and Community Development Institute is an Affirmative Action Employer and members of underrepresented communities and demographics are particularly encouraged to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ and people with disabilities.
Under the direction of the ECDI Leadership Team, the Vice President of Strategic Partnerships & Fundraising will be responsible for all partnership development, including work in corporate fundraising and sponsorships to support the mission of ECDI in Central and Southern Ohio. The Vice President of Strategic Partnerships & Fundraising will be a skilled negotiator and relationship builder, adept at identifying and nurturing connections with potential donors. The Vice President of Strategic Partnerships & Fundraising will have a proven record of success in articulating the needs of nascent businesses and encouraging corporate and foundation donors to provide ECDI with the resources needed to achieve their mission and vision. In this role, they will research all types of giving and sponsorship programs to help ECDI achieve its fundraising targets and organizational advancement.
This position is a hybrid role required to spend 4 days in-office to provide leadership, outreach, and collaboration, as determined by manager and business need.
The starting annual salary range for this position is $120,000-$140,000. Candidates for this position must be located in either the Cincinnati or Central Ohio area.
- Research potential donors, foundations, and other development opportunities.
- Assist the marketing department with raising brand awareness.
- Develop and maintain financial objectives and policies for corporate fundraising and partnerships under the supervision of the Chief of Governmental Affairs and Economic Development.
- Create and implement a strong donor stewardship plan.
- Create a compelling corporate fundraising message to attract new partnerships and potential donors and sponsors.
- Maintain records of donor information, tracking gifts, and fulfilling reporting requirements to all stakeholders.
- Support grant applications and fundraising proposals under the VP of Development’s supervision; jointly present proposals with ECDI leadership team.
- Assist Executive leadership, VP of Marketing & Communications, Board of Directors, volunteer fundraisers, and other stakeholders with public fundraising drives and fundraising events.
- Collaborates with the ECDI leadership team and departmental supervisors to prepare annual budgets and projections related to fundraising goals.
- Work closely with the Board and Executive Leadership to implement strategies to meet and exceed annual fundraising goals.
- Increase funding for all programs and enhance opportunities for small business growth throughout ECDI’s central and southern footprint.
- Develop, maintain, and track all related fundraising data through reporting.
- Partner with members of the ECDI Executive Leadership, Development, and Marketing & Communications to serve as a liaison between ECDI and partner organizations, funders, clients, and stakeholders to increase funding for entrepreneurial education programs.
- Assist with creation of fundraising process guides and clear expectations of duties.
- Manage and lead a cohesive, highly trained, motivated program staff in fundraising activities to support department demand and long-term organizational goals.
- Lead fundraising activities throughout Central and Southern Ohio.
- Participate in meetings and provide suggestions and feedback for fundraising strategies.
- Ensure excellence in customer service externally and internally.
- Responsible for collaborating and coaching the leadership team in accomplishing fundraising targets.
- Work closely with other departments and senior leadership to ensure legal and regulatory compliance and implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local, industry, contractual, and company regulations, standards, specifications, and best practices.
- Oversee the maintenance of accurate client files, documents, and profiles for necessary paper files and in appropriate tracking systems.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of and adheres to all ECDI policies and procedures.
- Perform other related grant program activities, as required, to assure department and organizational success.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Accounting, Public Relations, Finance, Economics, Marketing, or related field or seven (7) or more years’ experience in business diligence, strategic plan development, business analysis, working across cross-functional teams, and managing critical external relationships.
- Five (5) years’ experience leading or guiding team members, overseeing work output and providing general performance oversight.
- Prior corporate and foundation fundraising and program management experience.
- Experience building relationships and a proven track record in securing funds from statutory sources, foundations, trusts, and major donors.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of non-profits.
- Proven track record of planning and initiating successful fundraising strategies.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to manage multiple projecting and competing deadlines.
- Possesses a customer service-oriented mindset.
- Comprehensive knowledge of standard office practices, procedures, equipment, and techniques; knowledge of adult learning techniques.
- Computer Skills:
- Computer Skills – Experience with and knowledge of computer operation; knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Proficient understanding of database or CRM systems preferred.
- Occasional after hours and travel required.
- This position is a hybrid role required to spend time on site to provide leadership, outreach, and collaboration, as determined by manager and business need.
- Must have access to transportation to travel to and from the office, other ECDI offices, and offsite events.
- Typically, the employee must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% or more of the time. The person in this position will occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc., and operate a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a copy machine and computer printer.
- Positions self to move items up to 15 pounds, such as printer paper boxes across the office as needed.
- Must avoid risks found in the typical office setting, which is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated, e.g., safe use of office equipment, avoiding trips and falls, observing fire regulations, etc.
- Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered.
Compensation and Benefits
ECDI offers a holistic benefits package that reflects how much we value our employees. Benefits include:
- Healthcare (including qualified dependents)
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Pet Benefits
- Life Insurance, STD, LTD
- 401(k) Plan
- Educational assistance program
- A generous time off package
- Take your Birthday off – Its paid!
- Hybrid Environment (during business hours)
ECDI is a Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) qualified employer.
How to Apply
Please apply via our jobs page: ecdi.org/team