Company: Latino Community Credit Union
Location: Durham, NC
Job Function: Accounting
As a community development financial institution, Latino Community Credit Union (LCCU) is the ideal option for people passionate about empowering other people through their work. Our vision is to ensure economic opportunity for all by providing our local communities with ethical financial products and services. We also share a passion for education, which we proudly reflect in our member-owners and employees.
The Vice President of Accounting manages the accounting functions for the LCCU family of organizations, currently Latino Community Credit Union and Latino Community Development Center. This includes bookkeeping, reporting, recordkeeping, annual financial audits, and tax reporting.
- Manage all components of bookkeeping and financial statement preparation, including bank reconciliation, journal entries, reconcile general ledger accounts to underlying systems and records, and month-end close.
- Manage outsourced functions of credit union accounting.
- Ensure accuracy and promptness of payments and receivables.
- Ensure that monthly financial statements and quarterly and annual reporting are prepared on a timely and accurate basis.
- Ensure accounting is consistent with GAAP and LCCU/LCDC accounting policies.
- Coordinate with financial auditors, and prepare schedules and supporting documents for external audits as needed.
- Monitor cost control activities and provide a system of management cost reports.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements including vendor, property, and organizational tax forms.
- Manage fund accounting for proper recording and tracking of multiple grants, as well as fiscal sponsorships.
- Prepare financial analyses and other reports as needed that report on the organizations’ financial condition.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate accounting/finance policies and procedures as needed to comply with GAAP and NCUA Rules and Regulations.
- Identify and recommend process improvements as needed to increase efficiencies and ensure appropriate internal and financial controls.
- Supervise bookkeeping and accounting staff as required.
- Support in complying with document retention policy guidelines.
- Serve as liaison between accounting and finance team and other teams.
- Help respond to information reporting requests from internal and external sources.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- CPA and seven years of accounting experience in a senior level or progressively senior positions, preferably within credit unions.
- Experience with non-profit accounting preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated success in managing staff.
- Practical knowledge of financial reporting and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
- Strong commitment to our mission.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must have solid MS Excel skills and familiarity with QuickBooks preferred.
- Preference for working in an organization that places priority on teamwork and collaboration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Maturity, professionalism, and high level of discretion are required.
Compensation and Benefits
We provide a challenging and friendly work environment as well as a competitive salary and benefits package including an employer-paid medical insurance plan, 401(k) plan (with a substantial company match), employer paid life and disability plan and generous paid time off to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
The general nature of the work requires employees to sit or stand for extended periods, lift up to 35 pounds, and use the computer and telephone to perform job functions. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Latino Community Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply
Please apply using the following link: