VP, Investor Relations
Company: RSF Social Finance
Locations: Remote, All; San Francisco, CA
Job Function: Investment
RSF Social Finance seeks to revolutionize how people relate to and work with money. We’re a financial services organization that has formed a growing community of motivated, values-driven investors, donors, and entrepreneurs. Together, we are committed to transforming an unjust and extractive economy to one that brings healing and regeneration.
RSF envisions an economy rooted in equity, healing, and interconnectedness.
Our mission is to catalyze transformation by circulating capital to social enterprises for a more just, regenerative, and compassionate world.
We value Collaboration, Accountability and Make a Difference.
Social finance uses financial resources in service to innovative, values-driven economic initiatives. The focus is on building direct relationships between the transaction participants so they may understand and work together to meet everyone’s needs.
For over 39 years, RSF has focused on relationships over transactions, integration over fragmentation, and mutual support over competition. When you join RSF, you become part of a highly engaged team that lives these values with each other and their clients.
We are growing to meet the needs of our community! We are looking for staff who are ready for a career with a mission-driven organization, want to be valued, have diverse experience and skills, and want to have fun! If this sounds like you, we would love to have you join our team!
Reporting directly to the CEO, the VP of Investor Relations plays a pivotal role in enhancing the visibility of the Social Investment Fund and expanding the catalytic impact of the RSF community. They will lead all fundraising efforts for the Social Investment Fund. This position is responsible for cultivating and managing relationships with existing clients while building connections with prospective clients seeking to align their money with an impact mission.
Fundraising Responsibilities (70%):
- Build relationships with prospective Social Investment Fund note holders ranging from individuals to foundations and other organizations seeking to align their money with an impact mission
- Engage in all types of relationship management and track progress in CRM
- Manage a portfolio of individual, foundation and corporate investor / donors clients on an ongoing basis
- Own the Social Investment Fund product fundraising and revenue targets and produce accurate projections
- Propel impact and top line revenue growth while optimizing efficiency for the organization, with an eye towards risk mitigation and compliance
- Collaborate with various internal and external stakeholders on the identification and pursuit of cross-selling initiatives
Product Management and Marketing (20%):
- Ensure strong visibility of the fund and its catalytic impact, and attractiveness of the notes
- Own the vision and definition of the Social Investment fund product line and serve as the voice of the investor
- Responsible for ensuring the technology development effort is concentrated on the right priorities based on business value
- Propose new and innovative ideas within complex products (Donor / Investor) and across teams to improve the products appeal to clients
- Develop and drive content-driven campaign strategies designed to generate new business opportunities
- Prepare and deliver written proposals, pitches, and other communications to clients, prospective clients, and related third party organizations.
- Advise and collaborate with marketing and communication partners, the Executive Team and other internal stakeholders in the development and execution of the overall RSF brand marketing strategy
- Represent RSF at client & industry events and maintain consistency within the organization standard
Executive Leadership (10%):
- Participate in Executive Team meetings and overall organizational strategic planning
- Present at Board Meetings as requested
- Establish Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Objects and Key Results (OKRs) for the department and ensure alignment with RSF values.
- Provide input and execute strategic plan for assigned areas consistent with department organizational goals.
- 10+ years of increasing responsibility and a proven track record in fundraising and investor relations, particularly working with high-net-worth individuals (HNWI) and foundations.
- Proven experience building strategic partnerships with investment firms and advisors
- Commitment to RSF’s mission and vision
- Solid understanding of the financial industry, and financial products
- Deep understanding of the impact investing industry and fund operations
- Ability to flow easily between strategic thought leadership and day-to-day details
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills: experience developing compelling messaging for investor marketing materials
- Must be available to occasionally work outside of regular office hours when needed
- Must be able to work remotely during RSF’s Pacific Standard Time work hours
- Regular travel in the US
- Preferably located in the Bay Area
Compensation and Benefits
RSF Social Finance is a proud equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity; candidates representing a variety of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $175,000-$200,000 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
How to Apply
Please submit a resume directly to the Indeed.com posting along with a thoughtful cover letter explaining why you are interested in the mission/values/activities of RSF Social Finance and why you are qualified for this position. No phone calls please.
Note: Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.