Company: The Community Preservation Corporation
Location: New York, NY
Job Function: Credit
The Community Preservation Corporation (CPC) believes stable and sustainable affordable housing is the foundation of strong communities and we strive to contribute to comprehensive neighborhood revitalization through our lending and partnerships. A nationally recognized leader in affordable housing finance, CPC has provided a consistent source of capital to underserved housing markets throughout New York State since our inception in 1974.
The VP Senior Credit Officer is a key member of the Credit and Risk ream and is responsible for the day-to-day credit management function across all balance sheet investments that further CPC’s mission. The SCO will work collaboratively across various departments within CPC to ensure that investments and loans are structured appropriately, and in accordance with credit policies and guidelines. The SCO will establish and continuously refine appropriate credit and lending policies and procedures and establish metrics required to maintain oversight and direction to our credit function.
This individual will be a collaborative, thoughtful and agile contributor who helps the field offices with transaction review and capital structure to drive solutions for CPC’s borrowers and clients. They must be mission oriented, yet have a disciplined view of credit and risk.
- Provides support to all assigned areas of the risk and finance department operations related to credit review, capital structure and risk analysis
- Reviews large and complex loans prior to their submission to Credit/Investment Committee; reviews consist of making recommendations on loan structure, terms, and pricing so as not to expose the CPC to undue credit risk
- Supports the credit review process by ensuring that individual loans are risk rated correctly and exceptions are mitigated appropriately
- Supports the Chief Risk and Investment Officer with preparing reports and presentations on the portfolio covering loan quality trends, growth trends, loan product concentrations and areas of risk
- Works closely with the CFO and CRIO to drive wholesale solutions to support CPC’s capital needs.
- Participates in Credit and Investment Committee meetings
- Prepares, reviews, and modifies, when necessary and in response to market conditions, CPC’s credit and investment policies
- Processes, solves and answers complex transaction-related problems and inquiries
- Assumes responsibility for special projects; gathers data and prepares reports for the Board of Directors and other members of Senior Management, audits and other personnel
- Develops and maintains knowledge of financial industry, economy, market conditions, rates, vendors and competition.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Finance required
- Seven years’ experience in credit including lending, loan underwriting and/or structuring
- Experience in construction lending and affordable housing is strongly preferred. It is also preferred this person bring an immediate understanding of a wide array of key external constituents including developers and state and local governments, as well as the geographic market CPC serves
- Experience in and/or knowledge of the community development and affordable housing industry, as well as knowledge of and experience working with public subsidy programs preferred
- Thorough knowledge of commercial investing/lending policies and procedures required
- Understanding distressed assets, restructuring and workouts, strongly preferred
- Thorough knowledge of business cash flow, collateral valuation, appraisal procedures, and documentation
- Effective written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to analyze data and identify problems, as well as the ability to resolve issues or suggest resolutions to issues in timely manner, in group problem solving situations
- Results-focused, with the ability to set goals and determine best process to achieve results
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines and deliverables.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a hybrid role where you will work from the New York City office two – three days a week.
The salary range is $170,000 – $200,000, dependent on experience.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply here.