Vice President, Development
Company: Equitable Facilities Fund
Locations: New York, NY; , Multi
Job Function: Finance
About Equitable Facilities Fund (EFF)
Equitable Facilities Fund (EFF) is a nonprofit social impact fund that’s on a nationwide mission to help high-performing public charter schools spend more money on students and less on the costs of borrowing for their facilities. We offer school leaders simple and much-needed access to low-cost loans combined with support from an expert team that has walked in their shoes. To date, EFF has invested nearly $1 billion in schools serving over 60,000 students, providing them with funding to amplify their impact. Equity is at the core of our mission, and we seek to create opportunities for students and communities that have traditionally been denied access to high-quality public schools. In 2023, we will launch EFF’s Fund II through which we will commit an additional $2 billion with increased prioritization for early-phase schools and schools run by leaders of color.
If you’re seeking to have a community-level impact on a national scale, apply to join our team!
The Vice President, Development (VP Development) will play a critical role in EFF’s effort to ensure every high-impact charter school operating in historically marginalized communities has a pathway to affordable facilities. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the VP Development will manage EFF’s $100 million national fundraising campaign and build out best-in-class systems and structures to ensure the long-term success of EFF’s development function. The ideal candidate will possess deep expertise in stakeholder cultivation and project management, a sharp strategic mindset, and a high bar for excellence.
Who You Are
- You believe all children deserve a quality education. You’re passionate about working with organizations and people committed to making this belief a reality.
- You’re a master relationship builder. You can inspire and motivate external stakeholders and build trust over time through the consistency and integrity of your actions.
- You love to project manage. Details don’t slip through the cracks thanks to your oversight, and you know how to keep people and initiatives on track through direct and indirect influence.
- Your communication skills are top-notch. This applies to an array of mediums, including PowerPoints, grant applications, data visualizations, and how you convey our work and mission to disparate audiences.
- You relentlessly champion racial equity and DEI values. These values have shaped you as an individual and are non-negotiable drivers of personal and professional decisions you’ve made throughout your career.
We are open to applicants from across the continental U.S. The role will be expected to travel to locations throughout the country for 3+ days each month to participate in team activities.
The Vice President, Development will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
What You’ll Do
The VP Development will be responsible for:
- National Fundraising Campaign Management
- Building out a campaign strategy including an extensive list of prospects and grant opportunities relevant to EFF’s education- and equity-focused mission.
- Tracking and driving accountability for outreach and follow-ups to advance campaign objectives.
- Conducting prospect research, producing briefing materials, and summarizing meeting content and next steps (some of this work can be turnkeyed to a Development Associate we will hire over the next 6-12 months).
- Prospect Cultivation and Donor Stewardship
- Owning or supporting relationship management for key funder prospects and donors.
- Developing a tiered stewardship strategy to demonstrate gratitude, keep donors engaged with our work and mission, and amplify future gifts.
- Liaising with program officers and other intermediaries to continuously strengthen and maintain EFF’s philanthropic network.
- Strategic Communications Development
- Conceptualizing and producing funder-related communications through a variety of mediums, including pitch decks, campaign overviews, and grant proposals.
- Supporting EFF’s broader communications strategy by advocating for and developing messaging pertinent to our philanthropic objectives.
- Grants Management & Reporting
- Developing and managing a grants database that tracks key prospect and donor info, reporting deadlines, and other to-do’s (some of this work can be turnkeyed to a Development Associate we will hire over the next 6-12 months).
- Ensuring timely adherence to all grant requirements and funder requests.
- 7-10+ years of professional experience in consulting, fundraising, business partnership development, or similar fields
- Experience in the charter school sector or with education reform-oriented work preferred
- Unyielding commitment to EFF’s mission to ameliorate educational, financial, and racial inequities
- Demonstrated advocacy for diversity, equity, and inclusion in workplace and investment practices
- Expertise in relationship-building, influencing and managing up and across a growing organization
- Ability to analyze, visualize, and explain complex information in clear and compelling ways, including through excellent PowerPoint slides
- Strong problem-solving skills and aptitude for thinking “outside the box”
- Customer service orientation and ability to collaborate across functional areas
- High degree of integrity, authenticity, and a good sense of humor
- Willingness to travel 20-25% of the time
Compensation and Benefits
The starting salary for this position is $150,000 – $175,000 with up to a 10% bonus based on organizational performance. Compensation is competitive, commensurate with experience, and may be subject to modest adjustments for high-cost-of-living geographies. We are proud to offer excellent benefits including a 6% 401k match.
How to Apply
To learn more about this opportunity and to apply, visit https://bit.ly/atseffvpdev