Company: Equitable Facilities Fund
Locations: New York, NY; , Multi
Job Function: Business Development
Equitable Facilities Fund (EFF) is a nonprofit social impact fund that’s on a nationwide mission to help high-performing public charter schools spend more money on students and less on the costs of borrowing for their facilities. We offer school leaders simple and much-needed accessto low-cost loans combined with support from an expert team that has walked in their shoes. To date, EFF has invested nearly $1 billion in schools serving over 75,000 students, providing them with funding to amplify their impact. Equity is at the core of our mission, and we seek to create opportunities for students and communities that have traditionally been denied access to high-quality public schools. In 2023, we will launch EFF’s Fund II through which we will commit an additional $2 billion with increased prioritization for early-phase schools and schools run by leaders of color. If you’re seeking to have a community-level impact on a national scale, apply to join our team!
The Vice President, Development (VP Development) will play a critical role in EFF’s effort to ensure every high-impact charter school operating in historically marginalized communities has a pathway to affordable facilities. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the VP Development will manage EFF’s $200 million Fund II fundraising campaign and build out best-in-class systems and structures to ensure the long-term success of EFF’s development function. The ideal candidate will possess deep expertise in stakeholder cultivation and project management, a sharp strategic mindset, and a high bar for excellence.
The VP Development will be responsible for:
Fundraising Strategy & Campaign Management
- Collaborating with senior leadership to strategically advance EFF’s capital raising efforts by identifying and prioritizing key initiatives, regions, and/or prospective funders.
- Building out a campaign strategy including an extensive list of prospects and grant opportunities relevant to EFF’s education- and equity-focused mission.
- Tracking and driving accountability for outreach and follow-ups to advance campaign objectives.
- Conducting prospect research, producing briefing materials, and summarizing meeting content and next steps (some of this work can be turnkeyed to a Development Associate we will hire over the next 6-9 months).
Prospect Cultivation and Donor Stewardship
- Owning or supporting relationship management for key funder prospects and donors.
- Developing a tiered stewardship strategy to demonstrate gratitude, keep donors engaged with our work and mission, and amplify future gifts.
- Liaising with program officers and other intermediaries to continuously strengthen and maintain EFF’s philanthropic network.
Strategic Communications Development
- Conceptualizing and producing funder-related communications through a variety of mediums, including pitch decks, campaign overviews, and grant proposals.
- Supporting EFF’s broader communications strategy by advocating for and developing messaging pertinent to our philanthropic objectives.
Grants Management & Reporting
- Developing and managing a grants database that tracks key prospect and donor info, reporting deadlines, and other to-do’s (some of this work can be turnkeyed to a Development Associate we will hire over the next 6-12 months).
- Ensuring timely adherence to all grant requirements and funder requests.
- Serve on EFF’s leadership that convenes on a weekly basis, partake in strategic decision-making, and prioritize org-level activities.
- Lead or participate in select “special projects” relevant to team-building, fund strategy, school support and/or other areas aligned with skill set and interest.
- 7-10+ years of professional experience in consulting, fundraising, business partnership development, or similar fields
- Experience in the charter school sector or with education reform-oriented work preferred
- Unyielding commitment to EFF’s mission to ameliorate educational, financial, and racial inequities
- Demonstrated advocacy for diversity, equity, and inclusion in workplace and investment practices
- Expertise in relationship-building, influencing and managing up and across a growing organization
- Ability to analyze, visualize, and explain complex information in clear and compelling ways, including through excellent PowerPoint slides
- Strong problem-solving skills and aptitude for thinking “outside the box”
- Customer service orientation and ability to collaborate across functional areas
- High degree of integrity, authenticity, and a good sense of humor
- Willingness to travel 20-25% of the time
Compensation and Benefits
The starting salary for this position is $160,000 – $185,000 with up to a 10% bonus based on organizational performance. Compensation is competitive, commensurate with experience, and may be subject to modest adjustments for high-cost-of-living geographies. We are proud to offer excellent benefits including a 6% 401k match.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume through the following link: https://boards.greenhouse.io/eqfund/jobs/6954662002