Company: VCC Social Enterprises
Location: Richmond, VA
Job Function: Financial Services
About VCC Social Enterprises:
VCC Social Enterprises is a nonprofit holding company regulated by the Federal Reserve. VCC Social Enterprises is the parent organization for Virginia Community Capital, VCC Bank, and LOCUS Impact Investing. Virginia Community Capital (VCC) is a $275 million community development financial institution (CDFI) with a mission to create jobs, energize places, and promote an enhanced quality of life in our communities. With offices in Christiansburg, Norfolk, and Richmond, VCC offers innovative and flexible financing tools and professional advisory services to individuals and organizations in low-to-moderate income and underserved communities. VCC Bank is an FDIC-insured, certified bank and B Corp offering products tailored to socially conscious investors, along with personal and business checking, savings, and certificate of deposit accounts. VCC Bank is a majority-owned subsidiary of VCC Social Enterprises. Member FDIC. Equal Housing Lender. Learn more at www.vacommunitycapital.org.
About LOCUS Impact Investing:
LOCUS Impact Investing is a national nonprofit consulting organization and mission-driven registered investment advisor firm providing a comprehensive set of tools to the increasing number of foundations and place-focused impact institutions looking for innovative ways to invest in and transform communities. LOCUS believes that philanthropy and mission-driven investors should work alongside communities to grow economies that work for all. We partner with these impact investors to redefine their role as capital providers, activate investments and endowments for community impact, and use their capital as a tool to drive equitable prosperity. LOCUS is a wholly owned subsidiary of the non-profit, VCC Social Enterprises. For more information about LOCUS visit https://locusimpactinvesting.org.
VCCSE is currently seeking a Vendor Manager to assist our company in managing vendor relationships, establishing procurement processes, and making sound purchasing decisions. The Vendor Manager’s primary responsibilities will be to monitoring vendors to ensure compliance with company policies, engage vendors on behalf of the company, inform new vendors of company processes and their responsibilities, research vendor options on behalf of the company, and notifying staff should company vendors fail to perform adequately. The Vendor Manager will also maintain contract and compliance documents on a regular basis and rate vendors using in-house software. Further, the Vendor Manager will collaborate with other departments to develop and enforce appropriate procurement policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain long-standing relationships with strategic vendors while supporting the organizations DEI Initiatives.
- Meet with relevant vendors to assess their products, inquire about their services, negotiate pricing, and communicate any product or service-related concerns.
- Conduct research on available vendors to determine which vendors offer the best pricing and product quality.
- Implement repeatable selection processes to ensure that the best vendors are secured.
- Conduct interviews with new vendors and inform approved vendors of their responsibilities and obligations.
- Establish standards to assess the performance of approved vendors on an annual basis.
- Evaluate current vendor management processes and identify ways to improve them.
- Collaborate with Operations, Finance, and IT staff to establish procurement processes for goods and services, including commodity supplies and software.
- Prepare reports related to vendors and procurement as needed for management and the board.
- Bachelor’s degree from 4-year college or supply chain management, marketing, business administration, or a related field.
- A minimum 2 years of proven experience in a vendor management or procurement position required. Financial service or IT industry experience preferred but not required.
- Organizational, communication, and computer/technology skills
Compensation and Benefits
- $60,000-$90,000 annual salary depending on skills and experience
- Bonus opportunity if bonuses are paid in any given calendar year
- 17-days of PTO per year
- 11-Paid holidays per year
- Medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability insurance
- 401k savings plan with employer match
- Life Insurance
- Flexible work environment and hybrid remote options
How to Apply
Click link to apply or mail or fax resume with cover letter and salary requirement to:
VCC Social Enterprises
7814 Carousel Lane, Suite 100
Richmond, VA 23294
VCCSE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. VCCSE does not discriminate in hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, national origin, non-job-related disability, or status as a veteran.