Company: Self-Help Credit Union
Location: Durham, NC
Job Function: Finance
Self-Help Credit Union was chartered in 1983 to build a network of branches that partner with working families and communities often underserved by the financial marketplace. With over $1.64 billion in assets and serving more than 91,000 members in 37 branches – eight in Florida, 22 in North Carolina, six in South Carolina, and one in Virginia – Self-Help Credit Union is one of the fastest-growing community development financial institutions in the country. It is part of the Self-Help family of nonprofit organizations whose collective mission is to create and protect ownership and economic opportunity for all. For over 40 years, the national Center for Community Self-Help and its affiliates have provided more than $10.5 billion in financing to help more than 150,000 borrowers buy homes, start and grow businesses and strengthen community resources.
Are you curious about financial markets and able to tell the story of numbers? The Treasury Financial Analyst at Self-Help blends innate curiosity about markets with analyzing, managing, and reporting on the liquidity, portfolio, and cash positions of the organization. You are the organization’s eyes on the markets responsible for moving funds and generating regular reports. You bring strong finance skills and quantitative discipline to a collaborative team at a national nonprofit community development financial institution. The role is based in downtown Durham, NC, within a hybrid office model.
Provide analysis to support Self-Help’s business decisions, financial management and accounting needs.
- Prepare daily reporting and help manage the organization’s cash position and borrowing capacity to ensure that cash requirements are accurately and timely forecasted and funded.
- Communicate with repo and swap counterparties, perform positions reconciliation, make/respond to margin calls and report to management and board on investment and derivative portfolio.
- Support organization and team forecasts, budgets, variance, and transaction reports.
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis for periodic special projects, such as merger and loan purchase opportunities.
- Continually train team members to provide backup support for various Treasury and Risk management job functions such as transferring funds, setting rates, and responding with counterparties.
- Identify, recommend, and help implement improvements to treasury function processes.
- Assist with other treasury functions and potentially related responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as may be deemed necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, statistics, math or other related quantitative discipline or equivalent experience. Advanced degree in business, finance, economics, math, statistics, or related field preferred.
- CTP, CFA, CPA designation a plus.
- 4 years of financial analysis experience in financial, other quantitative, or data analysis. Experience in a field or job with a heavy quantitative focus is also acceptable (e.g. statistics, health care, actuarial science).
- Professional experience in the financial sector is a plus but not essential.
- Preference for working in organizations that place priority on teamwork and collaboration.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel functions such as lookups, charts, and pivot tables.
- Experience in software used to organize, manipulate, move and analyze data (such as: Excel, SSIS, and SQL.).
- Familiarity with finance concepts such as time value of money, cost of capital, fixed and variable cost, and measures of risk and return.
- Strong business communication skills: writing, data presentation, verbal.
- Ability to manage research and analysis projects with moderate direction.
- Ability to communicate and gather information across teams within an organization.
- Strong commitment to our mission – creating economic opportunity for traditionally underserved communities.
- Ability and willingness to work beyond normal work hours, as needed.
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive nonprofit compensation, based on experience, plus a generous benefits package.
How to Apply
Visit the Self-Help Careers Page to apply for this position. This position will remain posted until filled.