Company: Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC)
Location: New York, NY
Job Function: Project Management
POSITION TITLE: Strategy Operations Program Officer
REPORTS TO: Senior Program Officer for Enterprise Operations
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time / Exempt
LOCATION: Remote with primary working hours aligned with EST
What We Do
With residents and partners, LISC forges resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity across America – great places to live, work, visit, do business and raise families.
Strategies We Pursue
- Equip talent in underinvested communities with the skills and credentials to compete successfully for quality income and wealth opportunities.
- Invest in businesses, housing and other community infrastructure to catalyze economic, health, safety and educational mobility for individuals and communities.
- Strengthen existing alliances while building new collaborations to increase our impact on the progress of people and places.
- Develop leadership and the capacity of partners to advance our work together.
- Drive local, regional, and national policy and system changes that foster broadly shared prosperity and well-being.
Over the last 40 years, LISC and its affiliates have invested approximately $24 billion in businesses, affordable housing, health, educational mobility, community and recreational facilities, public safety, employment and other projects that help to revitalize and stabilize underinvested communities. Headquartered in New York City, LISC’s reach spans the country from East coast to West coast in 38 markets with offices extending from Buffalo to San Francisco and in 2,400 rural counties across 49 states and Puerto Rico. Visit us at www.lisc.org
LISC is seeking a qualified candidate for a Strategy Operations Program Officer. This position will be part of LISC’s Strategy Operations Department and will report to LISC’s Senior Program Officer for Enterprise Operations. The PO will be responsible for project managing a portfolio of strategic initiatives and managing enterprise KPI dashboard reporting.
The following are an indication of the position’s core responsibilities; these are intended to illustrate the scope of responsibilities, and are not exclusive of other duties that may be required.
- Work closely with the Strategy Operations team to plan and execute enterprise-wide initiatives and special projects with a focus on:
- implementing process improvement projects that have been identified as organizational priorities as part of LISC’s annual planning process; and
- supporting project management for other LISC departments.
- Collaborate cross-departmentally with LISC stakeholders to implement the full life cycle of projects (initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, and closing), including:
- coordinating stakeholders and gaining strong familiarity with LISC’s organizational structure;
- organizing and managing meetings, preparing agendas, developing meeting materials, and taking and sharing meeting notes;
- preparing regular communications and status updates to all stakeholders;
- facilitating joint problem-solving with stakeholders; and
- generally driving projects to accomplish planned milestones.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative analyses necessary to move identified projects forward
- Build and manage enterprise KPI dashboards
- Gather business data from various sources across the organization
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis of business data
- Create regular reports on key findings and assessments
Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (business or finance preferred) from an accredited college or university required, or five years of relevant experience as proxy
- At least three to five years of demonstrated project management and data analysis experience including skills developed in communication, project planning, research, presentation, and meeting coordination
- Management consulting or internal strategy consulting experience preferred
- Demonstrated passion and interest in LISC’s community development mission
- Experience in seeing complex, multi-stakeholder projects and engagements through full project life cycle
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral business communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and maintain strong collaborative relationships across internal teams.
- Keen business sense demonstrated in either a professional or academic environment.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word) and data visualization software like Tableau, Power BI, etc. Experience with Salesforce and project management software a plus but not required.
Compensation and Benefits
LISC offers a competitive salary and excellent fringe benefits.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume via email to: Laurel Engbretson at LEngbretson@lisc.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
LISC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION AND JUSTICE