Strategic Marketing and Communications Officer
Company: Massachusetts Housing Investment Corporation
Location: Boston, MA
Job Function: Marketing/PR
Massachusetts Housing Investment Corporation (MHIC) is an innovative financier of affordable housing and community development throughout New England, providing financing that would not otherwise be available to neighborhoods most in need. For over 32 years, MHIC has invested more than $3.4 billion to help create and sustain healthy, equitable communities where people, businesses, and organizations can thrive. Supported by an experienced and dedicated staff, MHIC excels in problem solving, with rigorous underwriting, attentive asset management, and timely reporting to investors. To date, MHIC has financed 682 developments, representing more than 26,500 homes and 7.3 million sq. ft. of commercial space. Visit www.mhic.com or LinkedIn and Twitter for more information.
Massachusetts Housing Investment Corporation (MHIC) seeks a skilled and motivated professional to join our team as a Strategic Marketing & Communications Officer. Reporting to the President and CEO, the Strategic Marketing & Communications Officer will set and guide the strategy for marketing and communications. The position is charged with raising and solidifying MHIC’s profile with key audiences and provide leadership regarding the organization’s brand through marketing initiatives including investor and customer outreach, brand management, media relations, and creative campaign execution.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Serve as a primary campaign strategist, storyteller, and brand ambassador, leading activities to engage other priority audiences through internal and external marketing and communications
- Develop a strategy for marketing in conjunction with senior colleagues. Create and implement plans to meet those
- Bring together ideas and activities across departments to create opportunities for building awareness of the value of MHIC’s financing products, and reinforcing mission.
- Take responsibility for MHIC’s brand and visual standards on all its
- Lead the generation and placement of content that engages audiences and leads to measurable action.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Evaluate and improve MHIC’s existing communications
- Create, write, edit and produce compelling content for print and online
- Manage MHIC’s website and social media channels with regular content
- Monitor and measure engagement with communications vehicles and website to inform
- Develop and build a portfolio of media relationships to bolster brand recognition and support organizational
- Manage the preparation and production of MHIC’s Annual Report and other publications.
- Develop presentation templates for presentations, Board and Committee meetings, and the company’s Annual
- Create product materials to ensure that all MHIC staff participate in marketing MHIC to our customers, investors, and
- Coordinate MHIC’s participation in events, such as ground breakings and project openings, including preparation of speaking points where
- Prepare ads for events that MHIC
- Participate in the preparation of applications for financing from the CDFI Fund (such as New Markets Tax Credit allocations, Financial Assistance, or Capital Magnet Fund) and other opportunities as they arise.
- BA required, MA in a related field preferred.
- 5 to 7 years of relevant
- Experience with digital and social media strategies, brand development, public relations, media, content development, audience conversion, data analytics, and advertising.
- Experience managing external public relations and branding firms.
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication
- Self-motivated and strong self-starter, pro-actively taking initiative to make consistent progress and achieve
- Familiarity with affordable housing and community development
- Ability to manage and effectively prioritize simultaneous and competing activities and demands. Exhibit excellent organizational skills and meet deadlines.
Diversity is at the core of MHIC’s vision, mission, and values. We’re committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to be their full, authentic selves. Our staff represents many different cultures, backgrounds, and viewpoints.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary: $98,000 – $150,000 per year, full time, based on experience.
MHIC offers a professional, supportive working environment with competitive salary, health and retirement benefits, plus educational and training opportunities.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter detailing your qualifications for this position, along with a resume to: email@example.com with Strategic Marketing & Communications Officer included in the subject line. Principals only. No phone calls, recruiters, or staffing firms please!