Company: VCC Social Enterprises
Location: Christiansburg, VA
Job Function: Accounting
About VCC Social Enterprises
VCC Social Enterprises is a nonprofit holding company regulated by the Federal Reserve. VCC Social Enterprises (VCCSE) is the parent organization for Virginia Community Capital, VCC Bank, and LOCUS Impact Investing and LOCUS Capital (collectively referred to as LOCUS). Virginia Community Capital (VCC) is a $275 million community development financial institution (CDFI) with a mission to create jobs, energize places, and promote an enhanced quality of life in our communities. With offices in Christiansburg, Norfolk, and Richmond, VCCSE offers innovative and flexible financing tools and professional advisory services to individuals and organizations in low-to-moderate income and underserved communities. VCC Bank is an FDIC-insured, certified bank and B Corp offering products tailored to socially conscious investors, along with personal and business checking, savings, and certificate of deposit accounts. VCC Bank is a majority-owned subsidiary of VCCSE. Member FDIC. Equal Housing Lender. Learn more at www.vacommunitycapital.org.
LOCUS is a national nonprofit consulting organization and mission-driven registered investment advisor firm providing a comprehensive set of tools to the increasing number of foundations and place-focused impact institutions looking for innovative ways to invest in and transform communities. LOCUS believes that philanthropy and mission-driven investors should work alongside communities to grow economies that work for all. We partner with these impact investors to redefine their role as capital providers, activate investments and endowments for community impact, and use their capital as a tool to drive equitable prosperity. LOCUS is a wholly owned subsidiary of the non-profit, VCC Social Enterprises. For more information about LOCUS visit https://locusimpactinvesting.org.
VCC Social Enterprises is currently seeking an experienced Staff Accountant for our Finance team to be responsible for accounts payable, fixed assets, account reconciliations along with other duties.
Expense Allocations/Accounts Payable
- Manage the accounts payable process to ensure invoices/expenses have the proper approvals, are paid in a timely manner and are assigned/allocated properly to the various entities in the corporate family. Maintain procedures to make sure that they are up to date.
- Yearly review of the Accounts Payable approval process to ensure that we have the appropriate associates approving expenses and that management approves of the process changes.
- Maintain vendor files to ensure that all information needed is available for review and reporting purposes. Compile vendor 1099 data and produce year end reporting documents.
- Monitor and review daily teller cash close of day and resolve any out-of-balance issues within a reasonable timeframe.
- Perform daily and monthly reconciliations as assigned.
- Monitor, research and resolve any errors and out-of-balance issues and resolve within a reasonable timeframe.
- Ensure monthly reconciliations needed for the closing process are complete and compile all supporting documentation
- Manage fixed asset system and ensure capitalized assets are depreciated over appropriate useful lives using the appropriate methods for both book and tax purposes. Maintaining all forms and procedures associated with the fixed process.
- Maintain complete investment files and process security payments.
- Produce reports and compile information for senior management, examiners and auditors as needed.
- Serve as backup for the Universal Banker/front desk position
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education, Experience, Certifications:
Minimum 4 year degree in accounting or finance and 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Well-developed organizational and decision making skill, adaptability to changing priorities.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Critical Thinking – use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions and approaches to problems.
- Verbal: Ability to communicate in a clear, comfortable and confident manner. Communicate effectively and in a way that supports teamwork – conveys insights to peers and managers quickly and concisely.
- Written: Demonstrated ability to write clear, organized and accurate memos, incorporating a range of information and analysis. Ability to document workflow and procedures.
- Excellent Word, Excel and Windows file management skills mandatory
- Familiarity with Outlook or similar network-based email and calendar software
- Demonstrated web research skills
- Must have good working knowledge of accounting software
- Working knowledge of bank industry core processing systems and architecture a plus (Jack Henry 20/20 or Silverlake, FiServ Premier or Precision, or Fidelity Banc Pac or similar systems.)
Compensation and Benefits
- $50,000-$65,000 annual salary depending on skills and experience
- Bonus opportunity if bonuses are paid in any given calendar year
- 17-days of PTO per year
- 11-Paid holidays per year
- Medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability insurance
- 401k savings plan with employer match
- Life Insurance
- Hybrid Remote
How to Apply
VCCSE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. VCCSE does not discriminate in hiring or employment practices based on race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, national origin, non-job-related disability, or status as a veteran.