Company: Raza Development Fund
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Job Function: Accounting
Raza Development Fund, Inc. (“RDF”) is a Latino led and serving Community Development Financial Institution (“CDFI”) created to advance economic opportunity, social mobility, and racial justice. RDF was formed in 1999 by UnidosUS, (formerly, National Council of La Raza), the country’s largest and longest serving Latino civil rights and advocacy organization. Since its inception, RDF has invested over a billion dollars in 38 states, leveraging over $6 billion for education, affordable housing, healthcare, social services, and entrepreneurship.
Today, RDF stands as the largest Latino-focused national CDFI and the country’s premier lender to Latino and low-income serving organizations.
Join our team! RDF is hiring a Staff Accountant.
The Staff Accountant’s responsibilities will include monthly preparation and analysis of items pertaining to accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and other accounting tasks.
- Coding and posting of Cash, AP, AR, and Payroll entries.
- Prepare weekly check run.
- Preparation of monthly bank and investment reconciliations
- Timely resolution of reconciliation issues
- Prepare accruals and other transactions as assigned.
- Special projects and analysis, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- The ideal candidate should have at least two years of work experience in accounting or fund accounting.
- Candidates should have a basic understanding of the operation of non-profit organizations and governmental programs.
- Must have the ability to work as a team and meet deadlines as a team.
- Cross training is required with an ability to comply with established work plans, meet deadlines, manage multiple tasks, and prioritize assignments.
- Strong analytical, oral, and written communication skills are required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and the ability to acquire proficiency in Abila MIP Fund Accounting software.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality of information is critical. Bilingual candidates in English and Spanish a plus.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and willing to learn.
- Flexibility with work schedule, working hours, travel (minimal), and work assignments, including ability to work overtime or on weekends, when necessary, reliable job attendance essential.
- Must be available to work from the office.
Compensation and Benefits
Commiserate upon experience.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send their resume of professional qualifications and experience, along with a cover letter to Tony Lopez, Chief Financial Officer, email@example.com and Juan Madrid, Deputy Chief Financial Officer & Controller, firstname.lastname@example.org