Company: CF Industries
Location: Northbrook, IL
Job Function: Accounting
At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably.
The company is headquartered in Deerfield, Illinois, a suburb of Chicago. We operate manufacturing complexes in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, which are among the most cost-advantaged, efficient, and flexible in the world and an unparalleled storage, transportation and distribution network in North America.
The Senior Financial Reporting Analyst will be responsible for the accounting and reporting related to leases as well as other technical accounting areas.
- Review and evaluate lease agreements and other agreements that may qualify as a lease or contain an embedded lease agreement to determine the appropriate accounting treatment.
- Collaborate with various teams within the organization to maintain the lease data within the company’s lease accounting system.
- Perform the monthly lease accounting close process.
- Prepare financial statement disclosures related to leases and other accounting topics, including the relevant quarterly and annual disclosures and disclosure checklists for our 10-Q, 10-K, or other filings, as required.
- Assist in other technical accounting areas and reporting functions of the financial reporting department. These may include accounting and reporting related to pensions and post-retirement benefits, derivatives, or stock compensation, providing support to the Investor Relations team, such as the accounting review of the quarterly earnings releases, investor presentations and investor call scripts, and other accounting and disclosure-related projects as they arise.
- Contribute as a technical accounting resource in the review and evaluation of extraordinary and atypical business transactions, or new SEC rules and accounting standards updates, to determine the appropriate accounting treatment and/or required external reporting disclosures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. CPA certification or active CPA candidate.
- Technical knowledge in accounting and internal controls: must possess a solid degree of technical knowledge of U.S. GAAP and internal controls over financial reporting.
- 5 years of progressively responsible accounting experience in private industry, including experience in technical accounting and/or financial reporting. Some experience in public accounting is preferred.
- Knowledge of FASB and SEC rules and regulations, and the ability to apply business and financial concepts.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Workiva and SAP experience a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
Compensation and Benefits
You’ll enjoy competitive compensation, consisting of base pay plus an incentive program available to all full-time employees, and a comprehensive benefits package including high-quality healthcare options, a well-being incentive program, 401k, pension, life and disability insurance, generous time off (with time off to volunteer) and much more! Additionally, we offer several Flexible Work Arrangements to support a healthy work-life balance.
You will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work, and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and gain a sense of fulfillment knowing that you’re working with purpose, to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably.
How to Apply
Please access the role through CF’s career portal – https://careers.cfindustries.com/job-posting?id=R0005640