Sr. Financial Analyst
Company: Latino Community Credit Union
Location: Durham, NC
Job Function: Finance
As a community development financial institution, Latino Community Credit Union (LCCU) is the ideal option for people passionate about empowering other people through their work. Our vision is to ensure economic opportunity for all by providing our local communities with ethical financial products and services. We also share a passion for education, which we proudly reflect in our member-owners and employees.
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for financial planning and reporting for the LCCU family of organizations, currently Latino Community Credit Union and Latino Community Development Center. Main responsibilities include financial modeling and forecasting, asset/liability management, treasury management, and collaborating on the annual budgeting process.
- Provide near and long-range forecasting to enhance strategic decision making (strategy planning, annual budget planning, and monthly forecasts).
- Manage reporting for financial analyses, cash flow management, and forecasting on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Collaborate on the preparation of budgets and conduct periodic analysis of budget variance, reporting any significant issues to management.
- Build and maintain complex financial models to assist the management team with key business decisions.
- Establish financial projections to inform financial strategies by forecasting capital, facilities, and staff requirements, identifying monetary resources and development action plans.
- Evaluate feasibility of new projects such as branch openings, purchase or sales of loans, acquisition of other credit unions, etc.
- Assist other departments with developing models/assumptions for business case and project level financial forecasts.
- Provide analysis and guidance regarding investment decisions.
- Monitor, analyze, and propose changes to deposit and loan rates as necessary.
- Analyze adequacy of monthly provision for possible loan losses.
- Coordinate the Asset/Liability Committee and prepare reports, trends, and analyses to monitor risks.
- Design custom reports and recommend key performance indicators to measure financial and operational performance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or other finance related field; MBA or other relevant master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a financial analyst. Experience with Credit Unions, financial institutions, or community development financial institution preferred.
- Professional working proficiency in English required and Spanish preferred.
- Ability to thrive in an environment with a multi-cultural team and learn from our differences.
- Strong commitment to our mission.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Required system proficiency: Microsoft Office Suite, with superior Excel skills and proficiency in SQL.
- Knowledge of data visualization tools like Power BI, Tableau or QlikView.
- Preference for working in an organization that places priority on teamwork and collaboration.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of adaptability and flexibility required.
Compensation and Benefits
We provide a challenging and friendly work environment as well as a competitive salary and benefits package including an employer-paid medical insurance plan, 401(k) plan (with a substantial company match), employer paid life and disability plan and generous paid time off to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
The general nature of the work requires employees to sit or stand for extended periods, lift up to 35 pounds, and use the computer and telephone to perform job functions. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Latino Community Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply
Please apply using the following link: Latino Credit Union – Sr. Financial Analyst (paylocity.com)