Company: Housing Trust Silicon Valley
Location: San Jose, CA
Job Function: Other
Mission and History
Housing Trust is leading the effort to create a strong affordable housing market in the greater Bay Area as one of the region’s highest-volume nonprofit housing lenders. Serving people experiencing homelessness to renters to first-time homebuyers, we assist a wide range of residents with programs across the entire spectrum of housing issues. Since 2000, Housing Trust has invested $446 million – creating over 24,000 affordable housing opportunities serving over 44,000 of our neighbors. Housing Trust has led the way in engaging local corporations and foundations in investing hundreds of millions of dollars to work with us to bring more solutions to the market all while experiencing several years of high growth in our lending business.
Reporting to the Chief Credit Officer (CCO) the Sr/Asset Manager (AM) plays a key role in the organization’s ability to grow its loan portfolio in both Multifamily Lending (MFL) and Homebuyer Programs (HBP). The AM will provide support to Housing Trust’s operations by working closely with the CCO, chief lending officer (CLO) and members of the multifamily lending (MFL) and loan administration (LA) teams to manage relationships with customers and closely monitor the performance of the loan portfolios and underlying projects. From time to time, the AM may be asked to assist the multifamily lending team with specific underwriting tasks (i.e., financial statement analysis).
Asset Management: The AM will primarily be tasked with working closely with the CCO, CLO and MFL and LA teams to assist with various loan monitoring and compliance tasks for both on- and off-balance sheet loans for the multifamily (MF) and single family (SF) loan portfolios. Tasks may include but not be limited to the following:
- Follow up and resolve delinquencies
- Ensure the timely submission of required information from borrowers and follow up as appropriate
- Complete financial analysis of existing sponsors as part of portfolio reviews and manage Quarterly Portfolio Review process
- Prepare risk rating affirmations and loan to value reviews for MF and SF loan portfolios
- Negotiate and obtain approval for loan modifications, and work with Loan administration to document and close
- Meet with clients and perform site visits
- Complete portfolio reports to both internal and external parties
- Complete audit confirmation requests
- Support the development and implementation of workout plans for troubled loans, as necessary
- Formulate and implement loan portfolio management policies, plans and procedures to carry out a solid portfolio management program.
- Comply with timely and accurate reporting requirements.
Loan Underwriting & Originations: May periodically be tasked to work with loan officers on underwriting for loan packages.
- Perform financial analysis of both non-profit and for-profit sponsors and/or borrowers as part of loan underwriting
- Complete third-party reviews and perform site visits with new clients
- At a minimum 5 years of related work experience and an undergraduate degree in business, finance, real estate, urban planning, or related field is required.
- Proficiency in analyzing financial statements of non-profit and for-profit organizations.
- Knowledge of the closing process and loan documents utilized in real estate transactions.
- Experience with reviewing appraisals and real estate proformas, especially for multifamily rental housing.
- Experience with managing a portfolio of real estate-based loans for a financial institution or CDFI with an emphasis on multifamily rental housing preferred.
- Experience with underwriting multifamily rental housing loans is desired.
- Experience with loan workouts is preferred.
- Familiarity with federal, state, and local government funding sources for capital and operating needs of multifamily housing and special needs housing (e.g., LIHTC, HUD programs, etc.) desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Strong computer aptitude skills, including knowledge of CRM systems, loan servicing systems and Microsoft Office Suite Programs are essential.
- Strong analytical, time management and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while exhibiting a strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
Compensation and Benefits
- Housing Trust offers a competitive compensation package, including a bonus plan and benefits. This is an exempt, full-time position. Annual salary range for this position is $85,000 to $115,000.
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits fully covered for employees. Eligible dependents covered at 50%.
- 401K employer contribution at 3% and additional match up to 2%.
- 3 weeks of paid vacation
- 12 paid sick days
- Paid year-end shutdown
- End of year bonus
- Tuition reimbursement program and more…
How to Apply
Resumes will be reviewed and considered on an ongoing basis. To be considered for this position, please submit a letter of interest and resume to Jobs1@housingtrustsv.org.
Housing Trust is an equal opportunity employer to all regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, actual or perceived gender identity, age, or sexual orientation. Housing Trust is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and our goal is to have a workforce (at all job levels) that is representative of the communities we serve.