Company: Capital Impact Partners
Locations: Austin, TX; Dallas, TX
Job Function: Lending/Loan Operations
Capital Impact Partners is now part of the Momentus Capital Family of Organizations which includes Capital Impact Partners, CDC Small Business Finance and Ventures Lending Technologies. Together, we work to ensure local leaders and communities have equitable access to the capital & opportunities they deserve. With a mission rooted in social impact, we support locally led solutions through our continuum of lending, impact investments, training programs, & technology programs. By joining our team, you will play a key role in how Momentus Capital is transforming the financial sector to help communities build health & generational wealth.
The Business Development Officer – Southern Region (BDO) will build and maintain strategic relationships in the communities where we work and source transactions for the Community Development Real Estate (CDRE) team in the state of Texas and in the markets of Atlanta and Miami. The BDO will work with strategic partners, borrowers, and other stakeholders in our core sectors of health care, education, food systems, housing, and small business to identify transactions that align with the Momentus lending strategy and credit guidelines, and help us to achieve our mission and impact goals.
The Southern Region BDO is part of the CDRE team and reports to the Senior Manager & Market Lead of Texas.
- Market and promote the Momentus loan suite of products to real estate and small business prospects, community lenders, community partners, and other financial institutions
- Foster and maintain relationships with market partners, borrowers and prospects, as well as other community stakeholders within our sectors, with a focus on underserved communities.
- Identify, cultivate, build, and manage relationships with external stakeholders and other community groups to further the reach of the program
- Collaborate with Capital Deployment teams for cross marketing opportunities
- Assist with the development of multiple delivery channels, including on-line delivery of the CDRE products
- Ability to make presentations to groups, individuals and represent Momentus at business and industry functions
- Gather data (both qualitative and quantitative) about product offerings and identify areas for improvement with capital constraints.
- Consult with CDC Small Business Finance’s management staff and CDC legal counsel on issues related to CDC’s Impower loan program
- Manage CDRE loan pipelines in the Southern Region, specifically the state of Texas and the markets of Atlanta and Miami.
- Represent the organization at conferences, webinars, groundbreakings, and other events.
- Respond to all loan inquiries in the market.
- Monitor market trends and opportunities.
- Assist with the development and implementation of products, services, and special initiatives within the market.
- Help coordinate information sharing across Momentus teams in the Southern Region.
- Prepare and provide quarterly impact story to Momentus management and marketing team.
- Assist Marketing and Communications team in producing communications about our lending and other initiatives in the market. Also ensure that communications materials remain accurate and up to date.
- Assist in reporting to funders and investors on specific lending programs in the market.
Prequalify and Structure loans:
- Identify, meet, and prescreen potential borrowers to discuss loan programs.
- Pre-screen, compile, structure, and analyze loan applications for eligibility, credit worthiness and repayment ability using established credit guidelines.
- Provide business history, management, loan purpose and eligibility narrative within loan processes.
- Determine loan eligibility based on any Geographic or Impact specific requirements.
- Determine credit worthiness based on review of cash flow and credit history. Ensure prospects will meet basic credit criteria before moving file to processing or underwriting.
- Manage smooth transition of loan prospects to Loan Officers.
- Work with Loan Officers and other team members to help resolve relationship, loan structuring, and credit challenges that may arise with transactions in the Southern Region. Assist Loan Officers with credit memos on an as needed basis.
- Minimum of 4 years of previous lending experience.
- Familiarity with federal, state and local community development programs, particularly programs that finance health care, educational, grocery, and/or affordable housing facilities is required.
- Previous experience with Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) and/or New Markets Tax Credits (NMTCs) is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in business or public administration, finance or related field preferred. Education level will be considered on a holistic basis taking into account both education and work experience.
- The position requires a person to be computer literate in a PC environment using Google, Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, and Salesforce. The ability to learn and adapt to a changing IT environment is required.
- Candidates should have demonstrated strong commitment to the Momentus mission.
- Candidates should have strong sales and communications skills.
- Candidates should be able to prioritize and manage multiple projects with multiple stakeholders to advance transactions forward internally, meet tight deadlines, and coordinate and communicate effectively across all levels of an organization and externally to the market in which they are situated.
Compensation and Benefits
How to Apply
Please apply directly on our careers site –