Company: ECDI - Economic and Community Development Institute
Location: Cleveland, OH
Job Function: Relationship Management
ECDI is a nonprofit organization, dedicated to serving underserved and underbanked small business owners. Our goal is to assure that every entrepreneur – regardless of where they came from, where they live, their gender or their race – has access to funding and the business mentoring services they need to succeed.
We’re based in Columbus, with offices in Cleveland, Cincinnati, Akron, Portsmouth, and Toledo. For small business clients in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana, we serve a one-stop resource center.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. We are committed to attracting and retaining diverse talent while providing learning and professional advancement opportunities for our employees. We strive to advance our mission and bring equitable opportunity to all those we serve and employ.
The Economic and Community Development Institute is an Affirmative Action Employer and members of underrepresented communities and demographics are particularly encouraged to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ and people with disabilities.
Under the direction of the Lending Management Team, the Relationship Manager is responsible for sourcing new clients, as well as interfacing with existing clients. This position will offer counseling and solution support to small business owners and entrepreneurs who seek funding for small business projects. A Relationship Manager will conduct outreach to develop new lending opportunities within their market area and work with their established relationships to develop interest in ECDI lending and programs. This position supports all of ECDI and Business Incubation and Innovation Center clients.
This position is a hybrid role that will spend time in-office and in-person with clients, as determined by manager and business needs.
Candidates for this position must be located in the Cleveland, Ohio area.
Before the Loan Process:
- Work with clients to gather and synthesize information pertinent to approving and funding a commercial loan application such as business plans, financial statements, credit data, etc.
- Gather data necessary to complete application package and source documents for credit analysis of all loan applicants.
- Provide and document technical assistance to applicants while reviewing the application materials and supporting documentation as well as helping the credit team prepare the credit memorandum.
- Initiate contact with prospective loan applicants to determine if loan qualification standards are met.
- Develop and maintain referral sources of prospective small businesses located within target communities and in need of financing.
- Work with community partners, centers of influence, funding partners, and other small business ecosystem key stakeholders to expand ECDI’s presence and brand awareness in the market.
- Expand ECDI’s network throughout Cuyahoga and surrounding counties.
During the Loan Process:
- Coordinate with the underwriting and processing teams to prepare necessary reporting information (such as the request or need for credit, feasibility, and viability of success of the business, capacity to repay the loan, the degree of risk involved in extending the loan) and provide recommendations.
- Negotiate any remaining loan structuring elements.
- Prepare loan package for funding.
- Prepare and deliver a commitment letter to the applicant.
- Package the loan documents per the loan closing checklist once the commitment letter is signed and all required documents are received.
- Complete the loan closing process with borrowers.
After the Loan Process:
- Provide continued support to clients by supporting their post loan requests and conducting technical assistance on an ongoing basis.
- Assist in portfolio management with servicing issues and borrower relationships during the entire life of the loan, including but not limited to collections, modifications of collateral, site visits, and annual reviews.
- Responsible for meeting individual loan production goals established by the V.P. of Lending.
- Ensure excellence in customer service externally and internally.
- May be asked to attend non-work hours events or meetings as it relates to engaging and representing ECDI’s mission, cultivating community partners, and promoting lending activities.
- Record notes and data entry into CRM system, including pre- and post-loan tracking, technical assistance provided, collections, and other notes about client relationships.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of and adheres to all ECDI policies and procedures.
- Perform other related activities, as required, to assure program/department success.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of standard office practices, procedures, equipment, and techniques.
- Excellent business development, outreach, and strong client follow-up skills.
- Must be able to engage in a professional manner with potential borrowers, existing borrowers, and community partners.
- Strong financial and business accounting skills.
- Familiarity with specific market area preferred.
- Has a broad knowledge and understanding of how a small business operates.
- Computer Skills – Experience with and knowledge of computer operation; knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Ability to build and maintain business relationships with clients.
- Familiarity with CRM software and/or Salesforce preferred.
- Must have a developed network of centers of influence, community partners, and referral partners
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates degree in business, finance, or a related field.
- 1-5 years of lending experience with small businesses.
- Strong Experience in lending or credit training.
- Experience with coaching/counseling a business, providing technical assistance, and/or business support.
- Prior related experience in the non-profit and/or public sector preferred.
- Experience with SBA loans and/or more complex commercial loans which fund business acquisitions and purchase of commercial real estate.
- Occasional after hours and travel required.
- This position is a hybrid role that will spend time in-office and in-person with clients, as determined by manager and business needs.
- Must have access to transportation in order to travel to and from the office and to meet with clients.
- Typically, the employee must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% or more of the time. The person in this position will occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc., and operate a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a copy machine and computer printer.
- Positions self to move items up to 15 pounds, such as printer paper boxes across the office as needed.
- Must avoid risks found in the typical office setting, which is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated, e.g., safe use of office equipment, avoiding trips and falls, observing fire regulations, etc.
- Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered.
Compensation and Benefits
ECDI offers a holistic benefits package that reflects how much we value our employees. Benefits include:
- Healthcare (including qualified dependents)
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Pet Benefits
- Life Insurance, STD, LTD
- 401(k) Plan
- Educational assistance program
- A generous time off package
- Take your Birthday off – Its paid!
- Hybrid Environment (during business hours)
ECDI is a Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) qualified employer.
How to Apply
Please apply on our jobs page: https://recruitingbypaycor.com/career/SubmitResume.action?id=8a78839f84c012760184e955cada67bd&source=OFN
Our Recruiting Process:
- 20-minute call with recruiter
- 60-minute video call with panel interview
- Job offer