Company: Century Housing Corporation
Location: Culver City, CA
Job Function: Lending/Loan Operations
We finance, build, and operate exceptional affordable housing so that people we serve may have a dignified home, a healthy and hopeful future and attain economic independence.
Century Housing Corporation is a mission-driven Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) supporting quality affordable home development throughout California. With offices in Culver City, Long Beach, and San Francisco, Century provides innovative end-to-end financing from predevelopment to permanent loans. Century also serves as a reliable partner to state and local agencies, and municipalities. Learn more about us at www.century.org.
The Senior Relationship Manager reports to the Senior Vice President, Lending, and is responsible for loan originations, underwriting, monitoring, and servicing. The Senior Relationship Manager is supported by a professional, customer-focused, lending organization including underwriting, loan administration, legal, and accounting.
Marketing and Business Development: Originating new business through referrals, meeting with developers, attending industry-related events, and coordinating with government agencies to discuss future business opportunities. Conduct follow-up activities, including phone, email, correspondence, and personal visits as required to maximize potential lending opportunities. Plan marketing events (as needed) for existing and potential clients, responsibilities include venue selection, budgeting, negotiating vendor contracts, and working with marketing in designing invitations and program materials.
Financial Analysis/Package: Prepare and present underwriting packages, which include feasibility, credit, financial, and risk analyses of borrower and loan transactions in accordance with lending policy and procedures. Structure and negotiate business terms while considering the communities’, clients’, and Century’s interests. Interact with appraisers, investors, lenders, environmental, title, and credit authorities in collecting and verifying appropriate due diligence documentation. Maintain ongoing dialogue with borrower/client to maximize service opportunity. Ability to present the final memorandum for Loan Committee review/approval.
Loan Servicing: Document, review, and approve draws and change orders. Assure that data is properly entered into CLCS (loan servicing system) and the Client Relationship Management database (CRM). Interact with Century internal loan administration and servicing personnel. Prepare loan modification and extension requests as needed.
Required, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Work with the Sr. Vice President of the Lending Team and the underwriter to perform credit analyses and determine repayment probability using risk management matrices.
- Analyze completed application packages, conduct due diligence and financial analysis, and work with the underwriter to draft credit memoranda.
- Present loan recommendations to the Sr. Vice President of Lending and the President & CEO, as needed.
- Prioritize and track the loan underwriting process in order to meet deadlines and ensure timely submission of loan packages for review.
- Provide end-to-end application support from processing to closing, as needed.
- Represent Lending Team in the community, as needed.
- Knowledge of loan underwriting criteria and compliance requirements.
- Ability to prepare and present a critical analysis of sponsors’ financials and project feasibility, risks, and mitigants.
- Skilled in word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), generation of overhead presentations (PowerPoint), relational database (CRM), and Outlook. Skilled in internet research and loan processing software systems (CLCS preferred).
- Ability to make presentations to potential borrower clients, local authorities, community leaders, and Century Board, Loan Committee, and Staff.
- Ability to remain calm and professional in demanding situations
- Skilled in managing time, multiple demands, and competing priorities effectively to accomplish goals on time and on budget.
- Access to reliable transportation, current drivers’ license and insurance.
- Ability to keep established hours of operation and maintain excellent attendance and on-time arrival.
- Ability to work overtime on relatively short notice.
- Frequent local travel required.
Education and Experience:
BS/BA Degree or Masters in Urban Planning, Economics, Public, Business Administration, or Finance with 4-6 years experience in real estate lending, community development, or real estate development. Bilingual English/Spanish and license in real estate helpful.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary and Benefits:
Attractive compensation with fully-paid family medical, dental, vision and life/AD&D, long-term care, retirement plan with company match, paid time off, paid holidays, college tuition, professional development opportunities, and college loan repayment assistance available. Our employees have voted us one of the best nonprofits to work for.
Culver City, California 90230 with some remote work possible.
How to Apply
Apply here or call Fern Hendrickson, Vice President, Human Resources at (310) 642-2017 for further information. FAX (310) 258-0714. Easy apply here https://bit.ly/3xoFcWE
Our organization is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or veteran status.