Company: Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC)
Location: Detroit, MI
Job Function: Community Outreach
POSITION TITLE: Senior Program Officer, Housing
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Exempt / Full Time
LOCATION: Detroit, MI
WHAT WE DO
With residents and partners, LISC forges resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity across America – great places to live, work, visit, do business and raise families.
STRATEGIES WE PURSUE
- Equip talent in underinvested communities with the skills and credentials to compete successfully for quality income and wealth opportunities.
- Invest in businesses, housing and other community infrastructure to catalyze economic, health, safety and educational mobility for individuals and communities.
- Strengthen existing alliances while building new collaborations to increase our impact on the progress of people and places.
- Develop leadership and the capacity of partners to advance our work together
- Drive local, regional, and national policy and system changes that foster broadly shared prosperity and well-being.
Over the last 40 years, LISC and its affiliates have invested approximately $20 billion in businesses, affordable housing, health, educational mobility, community and recreational facilities, public safety, employment and other projects that help to revitalize and stabilize underinvested communities. Headquartered in New York City, LISC’s reach spans the country from East coast to West coast in 36 markets with offices extending from Buffalo to San Francisco. Visit us at www.lisc.org
LISC Detroit is a local organization within National LISC, the nation’s largest Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI). LISC Detroit has more than 30 years of experience working as a catalyst for community reinvestment in Detroit. It helps resident-led, community based development organizations transform distressed neighborhoods into healthy places to live, work, worship, do business and raise families. Since 1990, Detroit LISC has invested $245 million in Detroit’s neighborhoods, and leveraged an additional $1 billion for neighborhood improvements. LISC is seeking a team-oriented individual to manage the existing home repair initiatives administered through its Detroit office. This position reports to the Executive Director.
The Senior Program Officer, Housing is responsible for the day-to-day management of LISC Detroit’s home repair programs including the 0% Interest Home Repair Loan Program and Delray Home Improvement Program. The Senior Program Officer, Housing will work closely with the Executive Director to develop new housing program and manage current housing initiatives. This person must have the capacity to simultaneously work on multiple tasks, set priorities for a challenging workload with great organization, initiative, attention to detail, and timely follow-through, as well as high standards for accuracy and efficiency.
- Work with LISC’s community intake partners and loan origination partners to identify and approve potential candidates for the loan program.
- Manage day-to-day program and project coordination duties.
- Manage and oversee a pipeline of homeowner applicants in accordance with the program guidelines and goals.
- Manage the following activities per household applicant:
- Solicit, collect and document homeowner eligibility;
- Review and process complete application packets/files for every household, including program intake forms and support documents, homeowner loan agreement and final construction completion/sign-off forms.
- Collect program data related to the home repair programs, analyze overall program performance and make recommendations for program improvements as appropriate.
- Answer questions from homeowners and program partners.
- Interface with Intake Centers, CDFI and Construction Management partners as well as homeowners, contractors, City of Detroit and other LISC staff during the loan and construction process to trouble-shoot issues that may arise.
- Produce weekly and monthly reports for funders and stakeholders.
- Conduct annual financial and programmatic due diligence review of grantees to meet federal compliance.
- Collaborate with National LISC on the annual monitoring reviews as required by the City of Detroit.
- Update policies and procedure manuals, forms, process maps and other documents as required.
- Support additional program activities of the housing programs, as necessary and assigned.
- A successful candidate will have the following expertise and experience:
- Experience implementing and managing new programs or initiatives focused on urban and/or low- and/or moderate-income communities.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree and 3-5+ years of experience in non-profit or public sector.
- Experience working with diverse stakeholders.
- Experience in home repair program management and/or social work case management is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with Detroit housing, planning, and federal funding reporting and compliance.
- Strong work ethic and ability to be highly productive.
- Proficient computer skills: word processing, Salesforce or comparable databases, Excel spreadsheets.
Compensation and Benefits
LISC offers a competitive salary and excellent fringe benefits.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume via email to Camille Walker Banks, Executive Director, at email@example.com with subject heading “Senior Program Officer, Housing”
LISC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION & JUSTICE