Company: High Impact Financial Analysis, LLC
Location: Albany (Or Remote), NY
Job Function: Lending/Loan Operations
High Impact Financial Analysis is a growing, entrepreneurial, Certified B Corporation that provides underwriting, consulting, and portfolio management services to mission-driven lenders and investors. We currently manage $450 million of community development portfolios and provide limited portfolio management services to several other portfolios. Our clients include Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs), philanthropic foundations, government entities, and green banks located across the U.S.
High Impact is a flexible, dynamic, and participative organization that lives its mission by empowering employees to embody its core values—including being mission-driven and solutions-oriented, providing empathy & support, and ensuring everyone has a seat at the table. High Impact recognizes the importance of autonomy and flexibility, and supports these values by holding no internal meetings on Fridays to allow time for deep work, observing the First Friday of every month as a company holiday, offering flexibility in work schedules, and limiting communications to working hours.
High Impact’s work environment provides broader and more invigorating opportunities than working within traditional lending institutions because of the diverse types of lending and markets its clients serve across multiple states, the consultative nature of the relationship with clients founded on trust and industry-specific expertise, and opportunities to provide input that helps improve clients’ internal operations. In addition, High Impact’s staff size of 10-15 provides employees with a unique opportunity to be part of determining the future of the organization.
The Senior Portfolio Manager will manage loan and investment portfolios for impact lenders and investors by maintaining contact with borrowers, performing regular reviews of loan/investment and sponsor performance, and ensuring that loan/investment-level and portfolio-level reporting is completed timely and accurately. The Senior Portfolio Manager adds value to clients by proactively recognizing and addressing risk and improving portfolio management practices and processes.
The Senior Portfolio Manager will enjoy significant variety in the types of loans, investments, and clients that they interact with. Loans and investments in managed portfolios include debt and equity invested in mission-focused private equity funds, permanent loans in low income housing tax credit transactions, and varied loans to mission-aligned nonprofits and small businesses.
- Prepares or reviews portfolio-level reports and provides analysis and recommendations to clients based on portfolio performance.
- Reviews loan and investment documents to identify risks and reporting and monitoring requirements.
- Oversees the collection of periodic reporting from borrowers/investees and conducts financial analysis of information received.
- Maintains close contact with problem borrowers/investees and keeps clients informed of emergent risks.
- Provides recommendations for resolving problems and mitigating risks.
- Oversees service delivery and/or troubleshooting for current clients.
- Designs and manages workflows for new clients, including recurring and as-needed work.
- Improves workflows and processes for existing clients.
- Prepares periodic reviews to proactively determine portfolio quality, assess risk rating, identify concerns, and provide transactional and overall credit recommendations.
- Proposes strategy and/or works on modifications for non-performing loans/investments to maximize recovery.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, or a business degree with a concentration in finance, or a combination of other education with relevant professional experience.
- At least five years of experience with actively managed loan and/or investment portfolios, preferably within a community development/impact investing setting.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and independently, proactively identify risks, and communicate complex information effectively.
- Previous experience analyzing financial statements and interacting with loan and investment documents.
- High degree of empathy in interpersonal relations.
- Effective at participating in and fostering an environment of inclusion and transparency.
- Strong commitment to using professional skills to create positive social impact.
- Solutions-oriented approach to day-to-day work and internal and external operations.
- Solid organizational and time management skills, including ability to work independently and to manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Very strong written and oral communication skills and excellent attention to detail.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation package includes a salary of $85,000 – $100,000 plus full benefits including 401(k) with a 5% match; paid time off (“PTO”) and holidays; profit share; and health, dental, and vision insurance plans with a company contribution. In addition to standard PTO and holidays, under our First Fridays Off policy each first Friday of the month is a company holiday.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter by September 26, 2022 using this link: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/70967?s=c1. Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be reviewed. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.