Company: VCC Social Enterprises
Location: Richmond, VA
Job Function: Investment
About VCC Social Enterprises
VCC Social Enterprises is a nonprofit holding company regulated by the Federal Reserve. VCC Social Enterprises is the parent organization for Virginia Community Capital, VCC Bank, and LOCUS Impact Investing. Virginia Community Capital (VCC) is a $275 million community development financial institution (CDFI) with a mission to create jobs, energize places, and promote an enhanced quality of life in our communities. With offices in Christiansburg, Norfolk, and Richmond, VCC offers innovative and flexible financing tools and professional advisory services to individuals and organizations in low-to-moderate income and underserved communities. VCC Bank is an FDIC-insured, certified bank and B Corp offering products tailored to socially conscious investors, along with personal and business checking, savings, and certificate of deposit accounts. VCC Bank is a majority-owned subsidiary of VCC Social Enterprises. Member FDIC. Equal Housing Lender. Learn more at www.vacommunitycapital.org.
About LOCUS Impact Investing:
LOCUS Impact Investing is a national nonprofit consulting organization and mission-driven registered investment advisor firm providing a comprehensive set of tools to the increasing number of foundations and place-focused impact institutions looking for innovative ways to invest in and transform communities. LOCUS believes that philanthropy and mission-driven investors should work alongside communities to grow economies that work for all. We partner with these impact investors to redefine their role as capital providers, activate investments and endowments for community impact, and use their capital as a tool to drive equitable prosperity. LOCUS is a wholly owned subsidiary of the non-profit, VCC Social Enterprises. For more information about LOCUS visit https://locusimpactinvesting.org.
Opportunity: VCCSE is seeking a Senior Investment Analyst to analyze the organization’s capital deployment into various business investments. The majority of VCCSE’s investments are lending related; therefore, a strong credit background is important. Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer (CRO), the analyst will work closely with the CRO on underwriting, assessing, and managing various business investments.
- Develop a deep understanding of the business objectives of internal and external stakeholders.
- Work closely with the Chief Risk Officer on assessing and analyzing VCCSE’s capital deployment into business investments.
- Support the CRO and Senior Portfolio Analyst with the assessment of new business and product initiatives.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders on the structuring of various investment vehicles.
- Underwrite and manage VCCSE’s investment into structured funds, equity, loans, guarantees, and other innovative capital solutions.
- Serve as primary underwriter and portfolio manager for VCCSE’s lending activity to intermediaries (CDFIs, loan funds, etc.)
- Support the Underwriting Manager with unique or complicated underwriting assignments, including but not limited to clean energy, affordable housing, and small business.
- Develop, maintain, and utilize a resiliency framework to assess new and existing investments for positive outcomes that limit short and long-term negative impacts.
- Assess investment and partner’s commitment to community development for low-income person and communities; their track record of providing core services to underserved community; and their alignment with VCCSE’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion practices.
- 5-7 years of credit underwriting experience preferably in the community development field.
- Bachelor’s degree required from 4-year college or university.
- Structured fund experience a plus.
- Experience underwriting community development financial institutions a plus.
- Clean energy underwriting experience a plus.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and interpersonal skills required.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Commitment to engaging in a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment, with a particular focus on achieving equitable outcomes in our business development and products.
- Access to high-speed internet bandwidth and reasonable proximity to VCCSE or a major metropolitan airport.
Compensation and Benefits
- $80,000-$120,000 annual salary depending on skills and experience
- Bonus opportunity if bonuses are paid in any given calendar year
- 17-days of PTO per year
- 11-Paid holidays per year
- Medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability insurance
- 401k savings plan with employer match
- Life Insurance
- Flexible work environment and hybrid remote options
How to Apply
Click link to apply or mail or fax resume with cover letter to:
Virginia Community Capital
7814 Carousel Lane, Suite 100
Richmond, VA 23294
Fax: (804) 939-6180
VCCSE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. VCCSE does not discriminate in hiring or employment practices based on race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, national origin, non-job-related disability, or status as a veteran