Senior Financial Analyst University of California Office of the President
Company: University of California
Location: Oakland, CA
Job Function: Finance
Another Source’s client, University of CA, Office of the President (UCOP) is recruiting a Senior Financial Analyst to join their team in Oakland, CA. This is a hybrid schedule; this role will be working two days per week in the office.
Here’s a little about UCOP and the position they are recruiting for:
At the University of California, Office of the President, we propel our mission through impactful work locally, in government centers and systemwide. We are passionate people, serving the greater good. The University of California, one of the largest and most acclaimed institutions of higher learning in the world, is dedicated to excellence in teaching, research and public service. The University of California Office of the President is the headquarters to the 10 campuses, six academic medical centers and three national laboratories and enrolls premier students from California, the nation and the world.
The UCOP Budget and Finance Office provides strategic support in financial planning, policy analysis, and fiscal administration to UCOP. UCOP Budget and Finance Office provides analyses of policies and programs, assists in the determination of UCOP’s financial priorities, and develops strategies designed to achieve these priorities. The team partners with departments to align UCOP’s resources with its strategic needs and goals and delivers insightful financial analysis and forecasting to support UCOP leadership to make effective and strategic funding, financial and operational decisions.
The position’s responsibilities include supporting overall budget development, and guidance for a population of UCOP divisions (clients); developing and maintaining reporting on quarterly financial results against prior year actuals & budgets; analyzing variances and trends; supporting departments in the quarterly budget forecasting. In addition, this position will provide support related to the Oracle planning and budgeting system (Oracle EPBCS), including training and end-user support, along with input to future system enhancements. This role may also be responsible for identifying opportunities to support clients with improved reporting and standards related to financial management.
- Provide direction, guidance and support to UCOP divisions and departments in preparing and analyzing budgets, reviewing quarterly budget to actual variance information and creating detailed expenditure and revenue forecasts. Partner with division staff to review monthly actual expenses, ensuring accuracy and consistency. Review monthly and quarterly management reporting packages covering results, trends, variances, and present findings to key stakeholders including senior UCOP leaders.
- Monitor monthly expenditures and departmental projects, as applicable, perform variance analyses to explain variances from prior year actuals and budget, including budget system entries, appropriations, fund balancing, and year-end close. Provide recommendations on improved spending and operating efficiencies. Perform review of requests for annual and ad hoc funding and staffing augmentations and make recommendations to UCOP leadership.
- Develop formats to improve decision support including reviews of programs, initiatives or shared services and budget deep dives for improved transparency of activities and related costs. Participate in the evaluation of enhancements or changes to the financial system and planning tool for UCOP.
- Utilize financial model(s) to facilitate multi-year forecasting of expenditures per division, sub-division and department including requirements for long-range operating and capital budgets.
- Participate in projects designed to improve UCOP Budget and Finance efficiency and effectiveness, including, but not limited to, detailed fund purpose and use analyses and reconciliation, review of departmental business models and recommendations for improved financial reporting, and determination of and monitoring of ROI for departmental initiatives.
- Provide front line support for ad hoc financial analysis requests and inquiries, presenting data and insights.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or business management and a minimum of 5-8 years of related experience and/or equivalent experience required. Familiarity with fund accounting is a plus, but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to research, analyze and interpret financial data, participating cross-functionally to develop a wide range of reports and analysis used for formulating recommendations.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in managing financial accounts and funds, including forecasting and budgets; ability to perform complex financial analysis and customized reporting.
- Ability to communicate financial information to management in a clear and concise manner, both written and verbal. Proven ability to work on cross-functional teams, a plus.
- Experience and ability to be able to quickly acquire a thorough knowledge of institutional policies, practices and procedures, as well as research, implement and recommend financial policy improvements.
- Exceptional time management skills, ability to prioritize projects, effectively utilize resources, ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Deadline-driven.
- Must be expertly skilled in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) and common desktop/web applications.
- Experience with ERP systems preferably Oracle and/or Hyperion Planning, along with ad-hoc tools such as SmartView.
Compensation and Benefits
The anticipated annual base salary range for this position is $112,000 – $131,000.
The University of California, Office of the President, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
The University of California, Office of the President, strives to make this job board accessible to any and all users. If you have comments regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at: Accessibility or email the Human Resource Department at: email@example.com
Another Source works with their clients, on a retained project basis. We are committed to building inclusive candidate pools as we partner with hiring teams. Veterans, women, people of color, LGBTQIA+, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. As you read through the job posting and review the list of qualifications (required and/or preferred), please do not self-select out if you feel you do not meet every qualification. No one is 100% qualified. We encourage you to apply and share your story with us.
How to Apply
Please apply using this link: https://careers-anothersource.icims.com/jobs/101072/senior-financial-analyst-university-of-california-office-of-the-president/job?mode=job&iis=SOURCE&iisn=OFN