Senior Financial Analyst
Company: Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC)
Location: New York, NY
Job Function: Finance
What We Do
With residents and partners, LISC forges resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity across America – great places to live, work, visit, do business and raise families.
Strategies We Pursue
- Equip talent in underinvested communities with the skills and credentials to compete successfully for quality income and wealth
- Invest in businesses, housing and other community infrastructure to catalyze economic, health, safety and educational mobility for individuals and
- Strengthen existing alliances while building new collaborations to increase our impact on the progress of people and
- Develop leadership and the capacity of partners to advance our work together
- Drive local, regional, and national policy and system changes that foster broadly shared prosperity and well-being.
Over the last 42 years, LISC and its affiliates have invested approximately $24 billion in businesses, affordable housing, health, educational mobility, community and recreational facilities, public safety, employment and other projects that help to revitalize and stabilize underinvested communities. Headquartered in New York City, LISC’s reach spans the country from East coast to West coast in 38 markets with offices extending from Buffalo to the Bay Area. Visit us at www.lisc.org
This position reports to the Director, Financial Planning and Analysis within the Financial Planning & Analysis team at LISC.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of the finance team at one of the largest Community Development Finance Institutions (CDFIs) in the country. This position is ideal for candidates looking to apply their financial acumen to a mission-aligned role. The Senior Financial Analyst will work across LISC’s multiple business segments and have the opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding of the full financial operations of the organization while supporting strategic decisions related to LISC’s impact lending and fund management activities.
The Senior Financial Analyst will own the development and maintenance of key financial models, contribute material for executive meetings and play a central role in producing LISC’s annual corporate budget. The individual will also serve as a bridge between Treasury, Accounting, Lending, Strategic Investments, and other national departments.
We are seeking an individual who has proven success working with, interpreting and producing financial analytics. The successful candidate will have exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work with individuals from a wide range of cultural and educational backgrounds. High attention to detail and ability ty to work closely and communicate clearly with a variety of stakeholders on FP&A, fund management and ,capital planning issues is critical. Extensive and advanced working knowledge of Excel is also required.
The position will preferably be based at LISC’s national headquarters in New York, NY, though we are willing to entertain other locations within LISC’s footprint.
- Build and maintain financial models that detail the organization’s operations and project future performance
- Forecast performance of LISC’s loan portfolio and leverage analysis to inform lending and capital planning strategies
- Perform scenario analyses of LISC’s multi-year financial trajectory including liquidity, alignment with financial covenants and other key performance measures
- Prepare ad hoc models and analysis to support executive decisions
Budget and Forecasting
- Support key aspects of the annual budgeting and quarterly reforecasting process, analyzing and consolidating financial data with a focus on the lending and affiliate lines of business
- Coordinate with department leaders across the organization to collect and validate data inputs for budget and forecasting
- Distill trends and explain variances from budget
- Maintain and implement any necessary process improvements in Vena, LISC’s budgeting and financial reporting tool
- Contribute discussion materials for executive committee and board of director meetings
- Produce annual budgets and quarterly forecasts for LISC Fund Management; coordinate between accounting and business units to deliver informed analyses to senior management
- Build and maintain financial models for each of LISC’s fund affiliates including forecasts of investment activity and capital calls
- Analyze structure of proposed funds to determine financial impacts on LISC parent
- Prepare quantitative analyses to support strategic decisions related to operating and fund affiliates
- Perform additional duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business, finance, economics, accounting, or related field is
- 3 years of progressive experience in corporate finance, accounting or FP&A, especially in the field of community development finance, is
- Fluency in financial statement analysis, consolidating and synthesizing financial information, and financial
- Demonstrated ability to leverage financial accounting systems and reporting platforms.
- Ability to synthesize complex financial concepts for
- Excellent financial analytical skills. Deep understanding of financial models for borrowing and lending
- Vision, energy, excellent oral and written communication skills, a strong work ethic, and excellent interpersonal
- Excellent judgment, integrity, and
- Fluency in Microsoft Office suite, including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word required.
Compensation and Benefits
LISC offers a competitive salary ($88,315 – $103,900, salary commensurate with experience and location) and excellent fringe benefits.
LISC is an equal opportunity employer. LISC does not discriminate in employment on account of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military status or veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
How to Apply
To apply, please complete the application at the following link: https://grnh.se/0e8fdac35us