Senior Director of New Markets Tax Credit
Company: Raza Development Fund
Location: , All
Job Function: Investment
Raza Development Fund, Inc. (“RDF”) is a Latino led and serving Community Development Financial Institution (“CDFI”) created to advance economic opportunity, social mobility, and racial justice. RDF was formed in 1999 by UnidosUS, (formerly, National Council of La Raza), the country’s largest and longest-serving Latino civil rights and advocacy organization.
For over 20 years, RDF has invested more than $1.2 billion to strengthen the Latino community and has created a new position, Senior Director of New Markets Tax Credit (NMTC), for which the fund is seeking passionate, qualified applicants.
Our investment strategy is predicated on an ultra-high touch and value-added approach to supporting Latino serving organizations that prioritize premium outcomes to create economic prosperity and bridge wealth gaps. RDF’s market position as a preferred capital partner enables superior project sourcing capabilities; and our team of impact investment professionals care deeply about the success of our clients. To that end, we bring more than just capital to the table – we make key connections; provide valuable advice; design and lead structured financings; and deliver innovative solutions. Operating as a non-regulated, specialty finance company, our due diligence process is decidedly values-based; fundamental, but forward looking; and we actively embrace complexity to capitalize on differentiated, impact investment opportunities.
Reporting to the Chief Investment Officer, the selected candidate will be responsible for leading RDF’s NMTC program with a particular focus on structuring and closing investments that use the tax credit incentive as a means of financing community development projects in severely distressed communities, while furthering the fund’s mission to invest capital and create financial solutions to increase opportunities for Latino and low-income communities. The Senior Director of NMTCs will maintain, and build upon, an existing, trusted national network of NMTC partners and stakeholders, including the CDFI Fund, Community Development Entities (CDEs), investors, and other financial institutions. In this role, the Senior Director will source, evaluate and manage a pipeline of NMTC project opportunities and will oversee a team responsible for asset management of completed investments, compliance and investment performance, tracking and analysis. This position will collaborate regularly with RDF’s industry focused experts to achieve individual, team, and community development investment goals.
To succeed in this role, applicants should meet the following minimum qualifications:
- adherence to RDF’s core values, including a commitment to working in economic development endeavors with diverse, under-resourced communities;
- 7 to 10 years in commercial banking, equity investment, commercial real estate transactions, corporate banking, community development or social impact investing including the CDFI sector;
- prior experience with managing a New Markets Tax Credit program, including having led a successful NMTC application process and been awarded an allocation;
- expertise of NMTC project deal structure, financial modeling and due diligence criteria;
- track record in community development lending or finance;
- experienced in NMTC transaction underwriting and managing of debt and equity structures;
- be an effective communicator, who is willing to wear many hats, roll-up their sleeves, work both independently and collaboratively; and “get the job done” with minimal supervision;
- outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively build and manage relationships with NMTC community stakeholders (e.g., commercial banks, CDEs, consultants, etc.);
- be confident, opportunistic, and action-oriented with a solid foundation of community facility acquisition, development, valuation, and management principles;
- be able and willing to serve RDF’s clients as a trusted advisor throughout the full-cycle of client relationships and provide high-value, technical assistance services, when necessary;
- be committed to providing exceptional, valued-added, solutions-oriented internal and external client service; and
- Bachelor’s degree, with a Master’s in Management, Business Administration, Economics or Real Estate preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send their resume of professional qualifications and experience, along with a cover letter to Adrian Ruiz, Chief Investment Officer via email at email@example.com for immediate consideration.