Senior Director of Affordable Housing Finance
Company: Raza Development Fund
Location: , All
Job Function: Investment
Raza Development Fund, Inc. (“RDF”) is a Latino led and serving Community Development Financial Institution (“CDFI”) created to advance economic opportunity, social mobility, and racial justice. RDF was formed in 1999 by UnidosUS, (formerly, National Council of La Raza), the country’s largest and longest-serving Latino civil rights and advocacy organization. For over 20 years, RDF has invested more than $1.2 billion to strengthen the Latino community over the past 20 years and has created a new position, Senior Director of Affordable Housing Finance, for which the fund is seeking passionate, qualified applicants.
Our investment strategy is predicated on an ultra-high touch and value-added approach to supporting Latino serving organizations that prioritize premium outcomes to create economic prosperity and bridge wealth gaps. RDF’s market position as a preferred capital partner enables superior project sourcing capabilities; and our team of impact investment professionals care deeply about the success of our clients. To that end, we bring more than just capital to the table – we make key connections; provide valuable advice; design and lead structured financings; and deliver innovative solutions. Operating as a non-regulated, specialty finance company, our due diligence process is decidedly values-based; fundamental, but forward looking; and we actively embrace complexity to capitalize on differentiated, impact investment opportunities.
The selected candidate will be responsible for establishing and maintaining a trusted national network of affordable housing stakeholders (with a primary focus on California, Arizona, Texas, and Florida), while furthering the fund’s mission to invest capital and create financial solutions to increase opportunities for Latino and low-income communities.
The Senior Director will play an integral role in expanding RDF’s capacity to develop and deploy innovative, affordable, and flexible debt and equity products for a diverse cohort of growing non-profit and for-profit affordable housing development organizations; and will serve as a primary point of contact for an assigned investment portfolio and new prospects, representing the fund on originations working directly with clients, vetting investment opportunities, providing technical assistance, structuring transactions, conducting due diligence and financial analyses, drafting credit/investment memoranda, defending recommendations to credit/investment committee(s), and coordinating documentation and closings.
Reporting to the Chief Investment Officer, the Senior Director will collaborate regularly with the fund’s industry, impact, and product focused experts to achieve individual, team, and community development investment goals.
To succeed in this role, the Senior Director must:
- have 7 to 10 years of community development and/or affordable housing lending or investing experience;
- be an effective communicator, who is willing to wear many hats, roll-up their sleeves, and “get the job done” with minimal supervision;
- be confident, opportunistic, and action-oriented with a solid foundation of multi-family acquisition, development, valuation, management, and disposition principles;
- be able and willing to serve RDF’s clients as a trusted advisor throughout the full-cycle of client relationships and provide high-value, technical assistance services, when necessary;
- be committed to providing exceptional, valued-added, solutions-oriented internal and external client service;
- strive for continuous improvement, by seeking out and championing innovative ways to streamline RDF’s core processes; and
- adhere to RDF’s corporate values, at all times
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation commensurate with experience
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send their resume of professional qualifications and experience, along with a cover letter to Adrian Ruiz, Chief Investment Officer via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.